Where are the latest moto tire shootouts?!

Guest ratchethack

in my opinion, the Conti is a better tire than the Pilot Road and the Metzeler Z6 in every way! It grips better, handles better and lasts about the same as the Pilot Road and way better than the Z6.

--Dave at http://www.canyonchasers.net/reviews/acces...road-attack.php

WTF! Just when I thought I was sold on Metzelers and Pirellis along comes this guys opinion.

My latest switch was from Pirelli Strada to Metzeler M1. Both excellent! M1 has better dry traction, and the Strada(cousin to Z6) is superior to the M1 in cold, wet, and mileage.

I was going to give the Z6 a try, but the Conti could really be better?!?

My last Conti caused a stability problem, so I was not impressed, but I think I must have gotten a rare defective tire.

Any other opinions on the Road-Attacks?

--Dave at http://www.canyonchasers.net/reviews/acces...road-attack.php

WTF! Just when I thought I was sold on Metzelers and Pirellis along comes this guys opinion.

My latest switch was from Pirelli Strada to Metzeler M1. Both excellent! M1 has better dry traction, and the Strada(cousin to Z6) is superior to the M1 in cold, wet, and mileage.

I was going to give the Z6 a try, but the Conti could really be better?!?

My last Conti caused a stability problem, so I was not impressed, but I think I must have gotten a rare defective tire.

I've used the previous gen ContiForce tires on my SV, and they were very good as long as they stayed dry & weren't asked to cross paint. In increasing levels of confidence & handling, my experience has been:

MEZ4

ContiForce

MEZ6

In longevity, it ran

MEZ4

So the RoadAttacks have promise, if only on that basis. But I have to admit to *some* bias, since my favorite push-bike tires have been Contis [which aren't as price competitive as their moto tires are, but worth it.]

SOURCE: Canyon Chasers Motorcycle Sport Touring

http://www.canyonchasers.net/reviews/#tir

I have yet to have a M1 or a Z6 require even a .5 gram of weight to reach balance. They have all spun out perfect with no weight required [disclaimer]

That's interesting. I've known bare wheels that needed more. What was the disclaimer?

As an ex-distance runner, once well accustomed to the stamina required for competing where the fun just begins after hitting "the wall", and "running through the pain" so repeatedly as to not notice the development of horrific tendonitis, and hip and knee joints failing in-process (all 100% drug-free) I b'lieve I possess enough of an appreciation for wot you describe not to be very interested in this kind of riding. Now I HATE taking pain-killers, because in my case they don't seem to work a-tall until I've taken enough to croak a horse, and at those (many multiple) dosages, I find the side-effects are worse than the pain itself.

Eedjit. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatories, not pain killers. Get your quack to start you on Dicloflex (Sodium diclofenac) 50mg. I couldn't get out of bed without them, literally. They also have possible side effects but so does everything else we do. It was competitive rowing that did for me, plus a (n un) healthy dose of genes.

Something else that worked for me was removal of all food related to the potato and tomato from my diet.

Now, take this thread back to black hoop land.

Am I the only one getting over 6000 miles from a set of Pilot Powers?

The roads around here in the North East must easy on tires. They are not even to the wear bars, I might get 7000 out of them (the front will have 8000 by that time). I have a set of Stradas ready try next.

Hopefully I will be singing their praises shortly.

Cheers,

Steve

Something else that worked for me was removal of all food related to the potato and tomato from my diet.

No New World nightshades? Man, your cuisine is like turning back the clock 500 years! No chilis, no 'taters, no tomato? Ouch! Still, at least you can get that cookbook on "Roman cooking" or whatever it was called, that eliminates all the New World foods so you can taste life the way the ancient Mediterranean lived it.

Sorry for your condition, good luck w/ that. Giving up fries w/ ketchup would be a terrible agony for me! :o:lol:

I just mounted a pair of RoadAttacks on my RT. Only a couple of hundred miles so far but I really like them. They are confidence inspiring, at least when dry. I have not had them in the rain yet. Noticably quieter than the Z6s they replaced. I did develop uneven wear on the front Z6 rather quickly which would account for the noise. Sounded like I had a bad wheel bearing when leaned over in a turn. Silent now.

That's interesting. I've known bare wheels that needed more. What was the disclaimer?

Ratchet must have copied and pasted from the website that had an error in the html code. The disclaimer should have read, "results may vary" (with regard to the tires being so perfectly balanced).

Apparently the Canyon Chaser guy rides a Suzuki SV650.

Here are another pair of reviews, Conti Sport-Attack and Metzeler M3

http://jocke.selincite.com/bikes/k1200r-sportecm3

This guy likes the M3 much more.

DISCLAIMER

The SV650 rider is comparing sport touring tires and the BMW rider is comparing Sport Tires.

And from what I can tell, they are opinions, just like that of our forum members.

I have my first track day coming up at the National Rally and I need Sport tires, so I'll go with M3s. I just have to wear my M1s out by June. :race: (but they always wear out in the center )

No New World nightshades? Man, your cuisine is like turning back the clock 500 years! No chilis, no 'taters, no tomato? Ouch! Still, at least you can get that cookbook on "Roman cooking" or whatever it was called, that eliminates all the New World foods so you can taste life the way the ancient Mediterranean lived it.

Sorry for your condition, good luck w/ that. Giving up fries w/ ketchup would be a terrible agony for me! :o:lol:

Chilis weren't a problem: I've never been a fan of food that bites me back. But all the rest (including sweet peppers) was a terrible wrench. Then I got out of bed without pain....... It's suprising how chronic illness, even very mild, can grind you down.