valve settings

Guest frankdugo

.15 and .20 are what's in the manual for my Nero Corsa...

My 2000 owner's manual and my two multilingual workshop manuals, all recommend .10 and .15mm, I assume because of the multi-lingual publication, it was intended for both U.S. and World Spec.

Also, my latin language workshop manual also recommends .10/.15mm

version info:

"Ce document est issu du CD original référence 8CM0015 édition 07/2003. Il est basé sur le manuel

d’atelier des V11 référencé 01 92 01 30 édition 03/2001."

(probably refers to my other manuals...)

For the V11, I don't think there is a "world" spec that is different than a US spec.

I think people use such jargon because some pre-1999 Guzzis had tighter US specs.

I use .15 and .20mm, just because it is in the middle of what people recommend, and I found that .10/.15mm was sometimes (probably when hot) prone to idle problems.

Guest ratchethack
Also, my latin language workshop manual also recommends .10/.15mm

version info:

"Ce document est issu du CD original référence 8CM0015 édition 07/2003. Il est basé sur le manuel

d’atelier des V11 référencé 01 92 01 30 édition 03/2001."

You have a Latin language workshop manual?!?! I reckon that'd be a first in all of motordom. . .?!?!

Are there also Guzzi manuals in Sanskrit?!?! ;)

Since the above text is French, a Romance language, maybe you meant you have a Romance language Guzzi manual? That'd be a manual only in French, Italian, Spanish, and Portugese, more remotely possible, Catalan and Romanian -- without English or other non-Romance languages? :huh2:

That'd be a new one on me, too. But I learn sumpin' new here every day. Sometimes several times a day. -_-

For the V11, I don't think there is a "world" spec that is different than a US spec.

I think people use such jargon because some pre-1999 Guzzis had tighter US specs.

I use .15 and .20mm, just because it is in the middle of what people recommend, and I found that .10/.15mm was sometimes (probably when hot) prone to idle problems.

The "world spec" valve clearance refers to all non-US versions of Cal 1100s,/EV/Jackal/Stone & Sport 1100, according to Dave Richardson, p. 4-9 in my copy of Guzziology, First edition, ver. 5.3.

He's not as clear in stating things as he might be here, but he says there are no engine differences between US and non-US, the US valve clearance spec being .002"/.004" for these models and the "world spec" being .004"/.006". He comments that the tighter US spec is due to emissions regulation, the US spec reducing oxides of nitrogen. He also says he adds .002" to non-US, "world spec" clearances, and says, "the looser world-spec clearances seem preferable." :mg:

You have a Latin language workshop manual?!?! I reckon that'd be a first in all of motordom. . .?!?!

Are there also Guzzi manuals in Sanskrit?!?! ;)

Since the above text is French, a Romance language, maybe you meant you have a Romance language Guzzi manual? That'd be a manual only in French, Italian, Spanish, and Portugese, more remotely possible, Catalan and Romanian -- without English or other non-Romance languages? :huh2:

That'd be a new one on me, too. But I learn sumpin' new here every day. Sometimes several times a day. -_-

Glad to read that you can learn sumpin'.

Do you use a pump for your sumpin'?

I don't have [a latin language] manual. I have a [latin language] workshop manual.

Latin language, Neo-Latin language, and Romance language all describe the languages the manual was written in.

It would have been more clear if I had said Neo-Latin, or better yet Romance.

Saying that the manual was Latin Language could be misconstrued by the brilliant people on this forum to mean that it was written in some form of Latin.

Saying that the manual was Neo-Latin Language, could be misconstrued by the other smart ones on the forum to mean it was written in New Latin.

If I had said I had a Romance Language manual, that would be the clearest, and only a few would be thrown off and think that I was confusing my Guzzi manual with a Harlequin novel. :lol:

Thanks for keeping me in check.

I probably still should have been clearer still and refered to it as "my workshop manual written in Romance languages".

For the record, the manual was written in a combination of some of Latin derived languages.

I was not sure which, so I chose to describe it as "my latin language workshop manual".

I probably should have at least capitalized 'latin'...

And I should have sought out the Italian quote rather than the French, for sake of the 'world' forum....

Do you think we could convince people to stop saying "world valve settings"??? It is ambiguous and irrelevant to our International model of Guzzi.

Guest rosso mandello

I go 0.20 / 0.20 both intake and exhaust, runs fine, steady idle. And the noice from the clutch is far out anyway so.....

mogens