Replacing Plug Wires

tmcafe

After I had a minor lowside last year, my left plug cap got a bit damaged: a scuff on the plug cap showing the insulation inside, and the plug tip slightly bent where it's inserted in that threaded cap. The bike has been working just as well as before with the same wires and plugs. However, I did get a new set of NGK plug wires from Moto Intl but never got around to replace the wires. The connection on your bikes may look identical or similar:

cdd1f807.jpg

dea2baf7.jpg

To me, it looks like it's sealed. I asked Micha and Greg, but neither had to deal with this on the V11 yet, though Greg suspects that using a splicer is more like the last thing to try. I also would rather not have to cut the original and use a splicer. NGK does mention using it when the wire needs to be cut:

http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/products/perf...rs.asp?mode=nml

Anybody has done this before? Thanks in advance. :bier:

Which bit do you mean is sealed? The connection at the end of the lead? Is that not just a rubber boot that rolls back and you pull the lead out of the socket as normal?

Which bit do you mean is sealed? The connection at the end of the lead? Is that not just a rubber boot that rolls back and you pull the lead out of the socket as normal?
Not sure. I haven't tried yet, mainly because it looks like the conductive core must have some secure system of attachment to the coil, not just the wire inserted in a round hole. But you made me curious, I'll check and report back. Anyway, the NGK wires come with nothing at the coil end, ready to be trimmed to the desired length.