Oil Leak under rocker box cover...?

2003v11

Hello,

New to this forum, bought a 2003 V11 sport about a year ago and now have a question.

Upon returning home last friday from work, I noticed I had oil on my shoe. Thinking "that's not right" I checked the bike and noticed a few small oil patches under the bike. I started it up and I am getting oil dripping from the left head, right above the sparkplug (or that's what it looks like). Might of been normal for my old-a*s harley, but not the guzzi!

The bike has about 4900 miles on it, and I dont ride it too hard, I find it hard to believe it's a busted gasket, but I have not opened it up yet to see.

Is this known to happen often? and do I just have to undo the allen screws for access? Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks

I belive your guess will be correct. Buy a new set of valve cover gaskets remove valve cover to see your cracked gasket.

Make sure you clean both surfaces very good before installing valve cover with new gasket. I'm not a tourk speck guy so rember tight is tight too tight is broke. Its really no big deal at all

good luck

Brent

Tight is tight, too tight is broke...HA

Cant tell you how many times I learned that working on older bikes. I guess I will pick up some gaskets and tear into the thing tonight. Wish me luck, hopefully it goes to plan.

Thanks for the info and confidence!

Thanks for the thoughts...

I opened her up last night and indeed those gaskets were pretty brittle and cracked in places. Makes you wonder about a gasket after 4k miles, but oh well, at least they are easy to get to, I didn't even have to remove my tank.

My local shop has them in stock, I will try dealer approved first, but if they weep or whatever, I will be upgrading into something a little more thick or with some sort of sealant on it. But first I go stock and see. I will let you all know.

Thanks again for all the help, hopefully I wont be on here to much!