gas

Guest Petev11

Guest Petev11

I was wondering if it is ok to run a 91 octane fuel in a 03 lemans? and would like to know if it is normal to hear the valves tapping when rideing it gets a little annoying lol .

I was wondering if it is ok to run a 91 octane fuel in a 03 lemans? and would like to know if it is normal to hear the valves tapping when rideing it gets a little annoying lol .

91 is too low grade.You'll hear many ...things :grin:

Use an octane booster

91 is too low grade.You'll hear many ...things :grin:

Use an octane booster

Don't forget, U.S. pump gas has (MON+RON)/2 octane ratings, so our 91 is closer to the European 93 or 94 [AFAIK, most gas in Europe is quoted w/ just the RON octane #, which is always higher than MON.]

Dunno about Canada, but given the track record of adopting a lot of U.S. standards since we're their biggest trading partner, it wouldn't surprise me if the gas up north of 44 is quoted w/ #s similar to ours. OTOH, given their justifiable desire to not be seen as "U.S.A.'s kid brother" they may do it the Euro method.

Best advice: read the pump, & see if it's marked "RON" or w/ the formula above.

Worst case scenario, you can always go to the airport & snake some 100LL; an eyedropper full of that in each tank will do you fine (as long as you don't have mufflers w/ the cat.) ;)

Guest Petev11

i was wondering because i had to run regular for a tank full, because they had no premium or octaine boost. will this have damaged the engine? and how much octaine do i put with a 25 litre tank full

If you do NOT experience or hear "pinging" or spark knock you will not have trouble. You can refill the tank as soon as possible to dilute the regular fuel.

Guest Petev11

i just seem to hear valve noise, a but more on the right then on the left. and what ratio do i mix the gas and octane boost

....................................................... up north of 44 ......................................................

Thanks for the extra acreage, but I'm not sure that we really want most of Washington, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, and Minnesota! :D

i was wondering because i had to run regular for a tank full, because they had no premium or octaine boost. will this have damaged the engine? and how much octaine do i put with a 25 litre tank full

25 litres? That's over 6 gallons! You certain about that #, or was that station in the middle of nowhere not only selling you bad gas but fiddling their pumps to show more delivered than will actually fit?... ;)

Thanks for the extra acreage, but I'm not sure that we really want most of Washington, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, and Minnesota! :D

Well, I should have said "44deg40' ", but I didn't want to try finding the little "o" degree symbol & figured everyone would know what I meant. What's the major portion of one degree between friends? :lol: