Stelvio in the States?

wheelsucker

Anyone in the states have one yet? What's the going price? Seems its creating a lot of interest at the local shop here so I need to be first in line with the money if I decide I want one. I know its always better to wait and see, but the stelvio has me :P: , looks like the perfect two-up touring bike.

Anyone in the states have one yet? What's the going price? Seems its creating a lot of interest at the local shop here so I need to be first in line with the money if I decide I want one. I know its always better to wait and see, but the stelvio has me :P: , looks like the perfect two-up touring bike.

A dealer here in Virginia said maybe October was what he heard, but then it's still not listed on the US Guzzi website,

so :huh2:

I'd sure like to see one in the flesh as well.

Yeah, the Guzzi dealer in Md said he's got the 8v Griso and expects the Stelvio in the next month or two. He said one of the Stelvio's he's getting is a demo!!! So I'll be getting to test ride it at the very least. I also called a dealer in Ohio that is taking deposits on the Stelvio, he's supposed to be getting them in the next few weeks and expects the price to be $14,995.

Guzzi announced the Griso 8V Saturday:

http://www.motoguzzi-us.com/servonline/new....asp?indice=264

Moto Guzzi Griso 1200 8V Arrives in US dealerships (7/12/2008)

NEW YORK – NY– Legendary Italian manufacturer Moto Guzzi draws deeply from its country’s rich tradition to give full breadth to its latest creation, the Griso 1200 8V.

This newest addition to the Moto Guzzi line, the Griso 1200 8V has been designed to flourish in the realm of two-wheel beauty and performance; a bold and brash machine that combines old world bloodlines with modern engineering. A harmonious marriage of chrome and satin finished metal, the Griso perpetuates the revered lineage of gorgeous motorcycles that have formed the Guzzi family for more than 85 years.

A striking amalgamation of minimal bodywork, mechanical innovation, and rider comfort, the new Griso is right at home in the land that gave birth to da Vinci, bathed in the same eternally sensual magic that has been the stamp of Italy for centuries. It represents the next generation of motorcycles to emerge from the Moto Guzzi Factory, taking an evolutionary step in engineering while retaining the essence of the brand’s time-honored soul.

Streamlined Design

The Griso possesses a muscular, handsome persona, a sleek design that carries from the wide tubular handlebar at the front to the narrow tail section at the back in one uninterrupted flow of minimal bodywork. The gas tank is slightly recessed into the stiff tubular chassis and seamlessly mates to the finely upholstered seat, a stylish design cue that extends through to the compact, aerodynamic tail section that houses the high-intensity LED tail light.

As a naked machine, the Griso’s mechanical components are on full display in a boldly sporting presence. Once astride the Griso the rider is rewarded with practical ergonomics that allows excellent control while placing the greatest importance on comfort. Attention to detail is reinforced in every aspect of the machine from design to final assembly of all components. Moto Guzzi made sure to imbue the Griso with nothing but the finest, a trait that has made it one of Italy’s most treasured exports.

Exceptional Performance

Beneath the handsome veneer lays a masculine heart of intense muscle in the form of Moto Guzzi’s completely redesigned “Quattrovalvole” engine. The famous 90-degree V-twin–the proud centerpiece of Moto Guzzi–is set like a fine jewel in the unique, high strength tubular steel perimeter chassis. The new motor is aligned in the thoroughly unique, transversal placement indigenous to Moto Guzzi, retaining the brand’s established trademark. Externally, the engine exudes the renowned Guzzi appearance-- stout and imposing--while internally, the V-twin has undergone significant changes, featuring an astonishing 563 new components to draw out the highest level of performance and reliability.

The completely reworked, redesigned engine boasts new compact heads employing four valves per cylinder (hence the 8V moniker) operated by a single camshaft in each head that is driven by a noiseless timing chain with an hydraulically operated chain tensioner. Twin 50mm throttle bodies work in conjunction with Weber injectors to electronically feed fuel into the “Quattrovalvole.”

The 4-valve design substantially increases the volume of air and gas flowing into the 1151cc air and oil-cooled powerplant, producing an unprecedented 110 horsepower at a reasonable 7,500 rpm for the famous V-twin. Redesigned heads and pistons render an unbelievable 11.1:1 compression ratio. This heightened level of performance, combined with the signature low-end torque (79.7 ft lbs at 6,400 rpm) is delivered with superlative silkiness.

Hidden beneath the cases, a beefed up, stiffened crankshaft and oil jet cooled pistons. Two new coaxial, gear-driven oil pumps reduce engine bulk and provide improved lubrication for a smooth running, dependable power plant. Cooling fins have been aligned to better dissipate engine heat with the passing airflow. All of this mechanical wizardry culminates in a beautiful, all-business, two-into-one exhaust system that proudly carries the famous Guzzi growl.

The transmission is a smooth six-speed gearbox working in concert with a single-plate clutch. The massive single-sided swingarm contains a drive shaft for smooth delivery of power to the rear wheel and provides ease of maintenance over a chain final drive. Rear suspension is courtesy of a fully adjustable mono shock with remote gas reservoir. The front end utilizes fully adjustable 43mm Showa upside-down forks now with carbon nitride treatment to better soak up road irregularities.

Abundant stopping power arrives in the form of top shelf Brembo 4-piston brake calipers, which are radial-mounted and grab dual floating 320mm wave rotors. The rear wheel is slowed via a Brembo 2-piston caliper mated to a 282mm disc.

The Griso is the latest example of Moto Guzzi’s continuing devotion to creating beautiful motorcycles with a penchant for performance, comfort, and a respect for all Moto Guzzis that have come before.

Like all Moto Guzzis, the new Griso 1200 8V is a highly exclusive, genuinely original motorcycle reserved for the most discerning and passionate enthusiast looking for authentic riding pleasure. .

This stellar motorcycle, available in striking Guzzi Black or a stunning Moon White, promises not only to please the devoted Moto Guzzi aficionado, but is destined to attract an entirely new rider into this most rarefied and sanctified world.

Scheduled to reach dealerships in July, the Moto Guzzi Griso 1200 8V will be priced at $14,290 .

There are 2 Stelvios and an new Griso 1200 8V at Rose Farm Moto Guzzi in Woodstock, IL. They are being prepped for this weekend at Mid Ohio for the AMA Vintage races. They leave on Tuesday so if you're in the neighborhood tomorrow stop by and take a look. Jim also has the Griso in stock for sale! If you are going to be at the races the Guzzi truck will be there for test rides. :P:

You can tell Mrs Wheelsucker that the pillion seat is a dream, I dont go on the back very often but breakdown in France a few weeks ago meant I got to try it. Highly recomended!

The only downside is getting on & off the thing with the Hepco & Becker paniers on it..... at 5'7" I struggled....!