Eliminating Exhaust Leaks

stormsedge

Okay, I've had my aftermarket crossover for some time now, and am still dealing with some exhaust leaks. The leaks cause an occasional backfire at low speeds. After quite a bit of tinkering, it looks to me like my problem is that the crossover does not fit squarely on the downpipes because one is forward of the other due to the cylinder layout...both pipes are the same length. I am considering a hacksaw attack to shorten one pipe to allow the crossover to fit squarely. Has anyone had to make a cut of this nature to make things fit? k

Just a FWIW since noone else answers. My downpipes have different lengths so they reach the crossover pretty much symmetricly. It's a Sporti though. I would have expected the V11 to be similar in that aspect.

Guest frankdugo

at the risk of being redundent---have you loosened the whole system up,jiggled&whiggled ,then tightened up like a head

at the risk of being redundent---have you loosened the whole system up,jiggled&whiggled ,then tightened up like a head

Multiple wiggles and jiggles...tightened from back to front and front to back. Results the same...looks like I need to shorten a pipe. k

Guest johnson456

I agree this terms. It looks to me like my problem is that the crossover does not fit squarely on the downpipes because one is forward of the other due to the cylinder layout...both pipes are the same length. I am considering a hacksaw attack to shorten one pipe to allow the crossover to fit squarely.

============================================

johnson456

Addiction Recovery Hawaii

Addiction Recovery Hawaii