Bye V11 - hello Griso

Guest Cantaloop

Hi there. Last year was very bad, i had to sell my V11 LeMans, to have some money for a lawyer. But everything went well - so i could spend my money to buy a guzzi again. After a few modifications this bike sounds quite well...

Have a look.

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=8r_r-BdEPFg

Sounds like kind of a tough method of getting a new bike, but it looks and sounds great! Congrats! :)

Sounds very nice and looks good too.

I have fitted an open pipe to my 1200 8V. It looks great, but the fueling is badly effected.

Performance below 3k, particularly below 2k is shot to pieces, with much stumbling, lurching and cutting out. Lots of backfiring unless its on the throttle and accelerating.

According to owner reports, the 1100 engines have accepted new pipes with satisfactory performance. I'm wondering is the 8V not so flexible when it comes to fiddling with the exhaust?

Guzzi have the Termignoni option for the 1100. I think that I saw it fitted to the 1200 in a press review recently – if so, it must work ok. Can anyone confirm? I don't remember if it was in a local paper or maybe a French / European magazine.

I would love to hear the experiences of any other Griso 1200 owners who have changed exhausts, or even Stelvio riders though their mapping is slightly different.

I think that an outlet restriction, some sort of baffle / pipe insert, will help. I see that your pipes have a narrower outlet.

I made a temporary end plate with a smaller diameter outlet and it both sounds better and performs better - though it doesn't 'fix' the fueling problem, it's just a bit of an improvement.

Ahh – on Guzzi's Italian website they now list two different Termi pipes: one for the 1100 and one for the 8V. The UK site still only shows one (and still doesn't acknowledge the 1200 8V on the Accessories page at all).

I wonder what the internal difference is?

Stein Dinse web site have various exhaust for griso

Unless they say they're for the 1200, I'd assume that they are for the 1100.

Where makers do specify which bike the exhaust is for, the 850 and 1100 take the same exhaust: the 1100 and the 1200 are different models, or at least different part numbers.

Edit: whether that means that the internals are different or not, I don't know.

Guest Cantaloop

I had a nice phonecall with Roland Daes - we call him god of Guzzi. He already mounted my Exhaust-System on the 8V - nearly the same positive effect as on my 1100ccm.

http://contentmanager.brainst.com/bilder/15242.jpg

This is the performance for 1100 Griso.

A lot of the other exhaustsystems do not work properly without modifications (power commander e.g.)