Staintune?

RHIP

My bike came with a set installed, so I have no idea what the PO did, if anything, to the ecu. I have the stock headpipes without a crossover, so all may be stock. I can say that they sound great, not obnoxiously loud, and they are very well constructed.

For what it's worth, I installed Mistrals and a crossover with no additional ecu or re-mapping.

Bike sounds great, pulls great, no issues. No hesitation anywhere and gas mileage appears to be the same as my buddy's stock V11.

In addition I installed K&N air pods.

Just lowered the idle a touch and voila.....

Could it be we make too much of this whole ECU and re-mapping issue?

Could it be we make too much of this whole ECU and re-mapping issue?

Possibly. If you switch cans and it runs great, why bother? There are numerous reports that the V11 stock mapping actually seem better suited with an aftermarket exhaust. Ryland is the perfect example, he dyno'ed the bike and the map was perfect without a change.

That said, if you replace your exhaust you should be prepared to remap the bike.

I don't have any experience with Staintunes--I have M4s on my Ballabio--but assume they are less restrictive than the stock cans. My bike ran fine after the change, but I noticed that the plugs looked as if the engine was running pretty rich. I talked with the mechanics at Moto International. They explained that (typically) aftermarket cans installed with stock mapping cause the engine to run rich on the low end and lean on the high end--perhaps dangerously so. Micha set me up with a Power Commander and now the plug color is perfect. Seems to pull a little harder throughout the rpm range, too. Might be worth taking a look at your plugs after running with the Staintunes, or call M. I.'s tech line--these guys are great. Good Luck