100w 12v

antonio carroccio

Disadvantages: It's illegal (at least where I live). If you put it in to compensate for a voltage drop, you will just get an even larger voltage drop. If not, your reflector may or may not survive the heat. A ruined reflector will give you worse light. A reflector is probably damn expensive and hard to find...

Relay the headlight instead!

Disadvantages: It's illegal (at least where I live). If you put it in to compensate for a voltage drop, you will just get an even larger voltage drop. If not, your reflector may or may not survive the heat. A ruined reflector will give you worse light. A reflector is probably damn expensive and hard to find...

Relay the headlight instead!

What he said! Also don't forget that the wiring may melt under the higher current of the 100w bulb, and that'll ruin your whole day [or night, as the case may be.] :luigi:

If yoy realy drive a lot at dark, then get a HID set, they aren't that expensive anymore.

And they annoy the oncoming drivers so much you'll get extra practice on your collision avoidance skills! :lol:

[HIDs are the most annoying thing since DRLs for cars. Maybe even moreso. Altho' if you don't drive at night in populated areas, the extra light from them may be justified, but any urban area with decent street lighting makes them totally superflous...]

Me, I'm just waiting for LED headlamps to take the stage. All that efficiency, and the whole front of the vehicle can be plastered w/ them for that nice, even diffuse light source. Heck, you'll be able to use your headlights for portrait lighting when you're taking your gf's portrait! :pic:

:lol:

, and the whole front of the vehicle can be plastered w/ them for that nice, even diffuse light source.

For daylight safety, the HIDs are pretty effective.

I remember hating halogen lights when they first came out. Riding down the freeway looking into the sea of oncoming lights the halogens stuck out like irritating drivers with high beams on.

Will the HIDs catch on the same way? I don't know. The price will have to drop even more.

If the LED lights plastered over the vehicle are too diffuse you will become camouflaged in many bright situations.

I looked for an example of lights used in camouflage, but only found this and one other interesting shot from

http://www.giantginkgo.com/archives/000113.php

thermoptic.jpg