Every day I try to solve these music quizzes on the net, but this one is too hard. I believe the moustached character is some famous advertisiong icon, but I can't put my finger on it.

The complete cryptic picture should read a Performer/Band and Songtitle.

TIA

No prizes to win, just my eternal gratitude!

105906_6b7bbd.jpg

In hopes this is the same man. He is the rich uncle "Milton Pennybags" from the Monopoly board game. Marketed in 1935 to present from Parker Bros. The game was invented by Charles Darrow circa 1933. Maybe some of these names will help you. According to pictures , his vest,bowtie top hat and cane are the same as I have seen.

I cn't read music but I think those notes will help to decipher the quiz. Just guessing from the "trend line", Mr. Pennybags,etc. I would WAG the song is

"Were in the Money"

p.s. I got this from "The Monopoly Companion". One of many useless books in my own little library............

Every day I try to solve these music quizzes on the net, but this one is too hard. I believe the moustached character is some famous advertisiong icon, but I can't put my finger on it.

The complete cryptic picture should read a Performer/Band and Songtitle.

TIA

No prizes to win, just my eternal gratitude!

Guest frankdugo
Thanks for the effort guys... The Monopoly guy was a distraction; had nothing to do with it. The answer is some obscure Dutch-singing band from the 80's... Here's a new challenge:
tea and sympathy?
Thanks for the effort guys... The Monopoly guy was a distraction; had nothing to do with it. The answer is some obscure Dutch-singing band from the 80's... Here's a new challenge:

I'd go for Sweet Leaf - Black Sabbath

based purely on the fact it replaces the sugar pot inthe tea set. :huh: