Can we fast forward to March?

With the end of October approaching and the MotoGP essentially decided in all respects, this seems like its going to be a long winter. Last winter was tame by East Coast/Maryland standards, I have a bad feeling this one's going to be long and cold. With several moves already in the books for MotoGP, next year could be VERY exciting, especially since I thought this year was kind of tame. It started out great but went downhill when Stoner had all his problems and Rossi essentially pulled away from everyone.

I don't want to fast forward to march, and miss a great summer :rolleyes: but yes i agree that the season ended up pretty tame, not as exciting as i thought it would be from the first few rounds. but i am really looking forward to next year with some of the changes ie haydon on ducati devisioso on repsol honda, and even the one tyre rule should change things. hopefully for the better.

What I can't figure out is why some bright bulb at Speed (there must be one) does buy the rights to an Australian or New Zealand superbike series (they do some car stuff) and broadcast it up here During the winter. They speak (almost) the same language as Americans would be relatively easy to re-broadcast the races, instead Speed's ratings must go in the toilet since even NASCAR shuts down for a few months.

Just wondering,

Lex

Is it true the 250cc will be replaced by the 600cc?

Antonio,

I haven't had an update for a while but I understand the FIM will replace the 250 two-strokes with some format of 600 four-strokes in 2010. Personally, I'm looking forward to the change but ring-ding fans might disagree.

I understand the challenge is keeping the costs from going through the roof. Smaller cylinders wouldn't change the cost of racing a bike so a 600 class with full MotoGP type class wouldn't make much sense. I've read it will be something like standard crankcases and crankshaft with special heads and chassis and be called MotoGP2.

Lex

Antonio,

I haven't had an update for a while but I understand the FIM will replace the 250 two-strokes with some format of 600 four-strokes in 2010. Personally, I'm looking forward to the change but ring-ding fans might disagree.

I understand the challenge is keeping the costs from going through the roof. Smaller cylinders wouldn't change the cost of racing a bike so a 600 class with full MotoGP type class wouldn't make much sense. I've read it will be something like standard crankcases and crankshaft with special heads and chassis and be called MotoGP2.

Lex

Sounds like glorified supersports or mini superbikes, should be 500cc, max 2 cyl and skys the limit with mods :lol:

I understand the challenge is keeping the costs from going through the roof.

It's just that the Japanese get totally owned in this category by the italians and KTM, and rather than sticking to it and welcome the challenge, they want to copy Flamini's Supersport and sell by the same token their 600cc road bikes. It's a disgusting move by Dorna who are just giving in to the big 4, as always.

First consequence: the 250cc grid next year may not have more than 14 bikes...