Leslie West is steaming

Non-Guzzi content.

All of a sudden I decided to connect up the LP12 that has been languishing until such time as I get the house fixed up properly (– never to be).

So now, the Mountain double album that gstallons sent me is revolving, the floor is covered in dust jackets and gatefolds: promises of mono authenticity and stereo hi-fidelity – and "also available on cassette and cartridge" apparently.

Bliss.

I built my own record player :nerd: using some parts from an AR (with some improvements). Added a Sumiko tonearm and she's good to go. I have a Linn tonearm that I want to use, but I'm going to build a balls out platter for that and I haven't thought enough about the motor.

Non-Guzzi content.

All of a sudden I decided to connect up the LP12 that has been languishing until such time as I get the house fixed up properly (– never to be).

So now, the Mountain double album that gstallons sent me is revolving, the floor is covered in dust jackets and gatefolds: promises of mono authenticity and stereo hi-fidelity – and "also available on cassette and cartridge" apparently.

Bliss.

if you want more give me an artist and album title!

Lots of tonearms on ebay but they can be expensive you may be better with the Rega arm on your lp12, I run an sme it's my 3rd in a row and I have always been happy with them. Will post a pic later today.

I'd say Linns are hard to come by.

Ittok Vlll

Though I asked JR just because, as it happens, I looked last night – and there was one there! Don't know what the reserve on it is.

Way better than the Rega for LP12. Surely, Shirley.

I did have an RB300 once upon a long time ago. Yes, it was nice.

records are bliss, that lp12 is so good being built in Scotland helps, I use a garrard 401 myself

Very True

I use a TD125MkII with a Grace arm. Bought it in '78. It needs to be dusted off and fired up. Plenty of time to listen now that winter has arrived.

all that talk of l. west got me into dragging my amp out, you can only play the blues on this one!

One of the things that I wish I had never ever gotten rid of, was a Wem Dominator Mkll.

What about this kit?

wemcat12.jpg

"multi-microphoned bands have asked for more inputs..."

Nonsense. We all know that less is more. If two cylinders is good enough for Moto Guzzi...