MG Warranty/parts issues

wheelsucker

Was at the local shop seeing if they had a Stelvio in yet. The answer is no, but while I was there I saw that they still have a 2007 Duc Multistrada 1100s for 10k otd (that's a steal.) Anyway, I was talking to the shops MG rep and he says they are having all sorts of problems with MG. A guy bought a 2007 Griso and can't get replacement parts on warranty work. This scares me especially since I love the Stelvio but don't want to buy a bike that can't get fixed. That Multi looks a lot more tempting now since I know Duc isn't having the problems MG is and getting warranty work/replacement parts would be a non-issue.

Haven't had to get parts under warrenty or otherwise in a while, but in my experience that sounds like a dealer issue. Some dealers are better at working the system then others. I have not had any parts supply issues with either my Griso or my wifes V11, which just got some clutch work this summer.

I got a replacement speedometer recently even though I brought it in one month after the warantee ended. The two odometers stopped working. So I agree it's a dealer issue. But if that's your only local dealer, you're f'd.

BTW, Does the Duc crowd the jewels? I didn't like the way you ride the tank on them, the Guzzi is much more comfortable.

Joe

THe parts sitchiation has improved amazingly in the last 10 months. That said, it can be challenging to get a few parts for very new machines. A good dealer can get it donw, though. The stuff that breaks nowadays is silly stuff like leaking LCD dashes and stuff. That won't keep you from riding, unless you let it. If you want a Stelvio, get it. If your local dealer can't help you others can.

I got a replacement speedometer recently even though I brought it in one month after the warantee ended. The two odometers stopped working. So I agree it's a dealer issue. But if that's your only local dealer, you're f'd.

BTW, Does the Duc crowd the jewels? I didn't like the way you ride the tank on them, the Guzzi is much more comfortable.

Joe

Mine too.. I took it in yesterday. The Odometer quit about the same time the fuel light quit... Ask me how I know... LOL

All's well. They ordered the speedo last month and I dropped it off. New Tires, brakes, oil change, Clutch and brake fluids flushed. Gonna be ready for next year.... meanwhile, I'm stuck riding the Ducati :huh:

Richard Z.