Tachometers and Speedometers

Guest arbik

Ok, we had this one and a half year ago already: http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...017&hl=tach

On the picture you can see (if you can get your eyes off from those beautiful ones of the rideress) a SL494 chip from GPS. First thing is: it's a 14 pin chip. All data available is refering to 16 pin chips. Second thing is: try to google for GPS nowadays ;)

Some of you mention just to take this original chip out and put any other F2P converter in instead. Well, besides the fact that I never thought electronics could be that easy, should I further follow this bright and easy road and just cut off pins 8 and 9 to make them suitable?

Hubert

Well, we also had this one: http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12441

I don't know what is this thing on your picture, but it is nothing I found inside my Veglia.

P.S.

1. No, you can't simply replace it with LM2917, or any other Hz2V converter

2. I doubt that you can buy the chip in quantities of one, which probably makes repair too expensive.

Guys,

remember my first post. It says, its not for the faint of heart.

Depends on how comfortable you are, with electronics.

Its not a simple plug-n- play, and no, you cant cut off the extra pins.

The part, is designed and built by humans. So with some studying, learning and trial and error, most humans should be able to fix/redesign/rebuild it.

Having said this, I do realize, that I might be more confortable with things like this, since I do it all day long, but none the less, I dont think its rocket science.

Now, is it worth your time and money? That's a question for each individual to answer.

I'm just providing information to whomever can use it. That's all.

-arbi