What to look for?

charlie b

I'm looking to sell mine, unfortunatly, in the nearish future. I love the bike, it needs a little TLC I have a fork seal that is weaping a little on one side and what looks like some oil mist on left the side of the engine, all things I'll fix or through a dealer if I keep it for myself, but just so youre aware of them, otherwise the bike has been near flawless and comes with all the original body work, in silver, the tail, tank, couple of chin pads, the one on it is the unobtanium CF version. 2 seats a stock and a rich maund, The front fender is on it now and is black to match I used to know a good price but not anymore, I'd like 5k for the whole ball of wax but with the aforementioned problems 4500 would probably do it. I have so many bits on this bike I think outside internal engine mods all that is left is alpina wheels :P: well I suppose you could get some centauro footpegs and bar risers

DSC_3337.jpg

DSC_3338.jpg

then it was silver

IMG_0261.jpg

Is the swingarm shorter on the red frame bikes? Could a person get a (if the former is true) longer swingarm from a 02 & up to change this trait ?

Nope. Frame is longer; you can see it in the space btw the front of the tank and the triple clamps if you look at pix of an 01 and an 03 side-by-side. It's not much longer [1/2"?], so it's really only noticeable if you're looking for it.

• 8 months later...

I did the write on on how to put bars on the sport.

Here's some pictures (some older, some newer), but you can get an idea of what it will do. Also, there are some pics of my homemade shift/brake levers. They look better in person than in the photos.

http://picasaweb.google.com/jrtelford/GuzziV11Sport#

Also, also- don't shy away from one of the earlier ones based on reports of 'poor handling'. Some owners have no complaints about the handling of their short-frame V11's. Mine feels very solid and planted in corners.

J

Thanks for the heads up, Ben.

Also will probably be changing bars and pegs, but, I can do that in my machine shop.

charlie

Deleted jersey's post because it was an ad for a car exhaust.

I bet jersey is actually a spam-bot. That post was identical to one made in another thread some week ago, that Jaap edited. This time jersey made a few nonsense (but somewhat logical) posts in a couple of other threads too, just to look human. If it was a bot doing all that by itself I gotta admit I'm a little impressed. But still pissed <_>

Dan- thanks! It's always a work in progress....

Raz- I didn't realize he had posted in other threads. Why would a car spambot target a weird motorcycle marque? It don't make sense. Just don't.

Oh well, not worth getting mad over. Just let me know and I can delete it with a magical delete button.