Guzzi Blackjack

dlaing

love the idea...

I used to live very near triking and got redundent chassis spares from them now and again..nice machines but you have to take the engine out to change the oil filter unless you have a remote one!!!!!!

love the idea...

I used to live very near triking and got redundent chassis spares from them now and again..nice machines but you have to take the engine out to change the oil filter unless you have a remote one!!!!!!

just go with a more porous permanent oil filter and use good full synthetic oil, older bikes didn't even have oil filters or air filters so I bet it would be more than fine for a long time.

Lucky (or smartly) for Kurt the engine cantilevers out and should provide full access to the oil pan, and better access to most Guzzi components.

I'll have to take a better look next time I see it to see if the drain plugs are easily accessible.

The gear oil might be trickier to reach, but I'll bet they gave it access.

But you probably won't be able to drive this over the pit of your local QuickEEELube :doh:

FWIW I recall Kurt said it took about 20 minutes to get the engine and tranny in, but a bit more time to hook up the drive shafts, exhaust, etc., much of what has not yet gone on the bike, yet.

In any case, replacing the clutch on the Guzzi Blackjack will take far less time than on a Guzzi motorcycle.

The tranny and many of the parts are VW, so most parts should not be a problem to source, in the long run.