Power Commander

mdude

Received my PC111 by mail the other day from the US (very reasonable, I must say. From Morepowerracing.com).

It came preloaded with MGcycles map for the complete Mistral package and all.

Guess it took me about 2 and a half minute to install. You americans do a really nice plug and play, the threshold for putting this on is LOW.

First impression is a slightly higher idle, faster throttle reactions, less snatching, BIG increase in midrange torque, less vibes, absence of the dreaded hiccup and I guess it must have at least 20% more power from 3-5000rpms. In general, it goes like stink. I really didnt expect that much difference from a readymade mapping.

PCIII is a must!

(or a MyECU, of course)

First impression is a slightly higher idle, faster throttle reactions, less snatching, BIG increase in midrange torque, less vibes, absence of the dreaded hiccup and I guess it must have at least 20% more power from 3-5000rpms. In general, it goes like stink. I really didnt expect that much difference from a readymade mapping.

PCIII is a must!

(or a MyECU, of course)

I bought one for my Mistral/Stucchi equipped '02 LeMans. To be honest I'd only driven ~100 fairly easy miles since buying the bike before getting it (& loading the appropriate map from the DynoJet site) and it didn't seem like it was running bad before - so I didn't really perceive the dramatic change you report. Doesn't mean it wasn't there - I just hadn't spent enough time to get to know the bike prior to installing it, I guess. Might be interesting to take it off now that I'm used to it and see how different it is, but why bother...

That said, it does run very nicely now - no flat spots, nicely responsive in the 3-6k range which is about as high as I'll go.