Griso Le Mans Special Edition

Guzzirider

Dang! I thought it was a Guzzi served with rice instead of pasta!

Good man. That belongs in the other topic in 24/7.

Through unity of effort we advance in progression of knowledge of all things Guzzi related.

I'll add it to the appropriate topic.

And Anto's interpretation can't be correct: sure even Guzzi don't know if their engine is an 8V or a 4V!

BTW, I heard from Martijn (TLM) there is a newer map for the ECU Griso 8v.

Dunno know how much this kosts. but it seems to working very well on the Grisotto.

My guess, the price would be not more than € 200,-

Latest mapping for the 8VG is still the #68 map that has been around for yonks. It's a big improvement over the original mapping removing the big 'Step' in the power at about 5,500RPM and significantly assisting with light load/throttle running where the motor will have a tendency to 8 and 16 stroke making it feel like its lurching and causing transmission chatter. The really important thing to remember is that especially the A5 motor will NOT run well with an open pipe. In fact it'll rob it of about 8 RWHP and make it run like a three legged donkey with a spear up its arse.

Pete

... make it run like a three legged donkey with a spear up its arse.

Pete, are these colorful turns of phrase original from you, or does everyone in dumbledore, er, bunginhole, er, downunda speak in vivid metaphor? :grin:

D@mn, we've really got to collect all the Roperisms into a book: that thing will break the NYT bestseller charts! :thumbsup:

• 7 months later...