Forum upgrade

Admin Jaap

I was going to say that photos can't be added to the gallery by linking. They need to be uploaded to here.

Maybe that is something that still needs fixed – or is it meant to be like that?

I'll have to look into that.

About the new lay out: I'm thinking of keeping it this way. Please let me know what you think.

There are some small style changes I want to do and of course the logo isn't definite yet!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About the new lay out: I'm thinking of keeping it this way. Please let me know what you think.

There are some small style changes I want to do and of course the logo isn't definite yet!

Jaap...whatever you decide is fine by me.

Many thanks for all your work in keeping this place up and running :)

Jaap...whatever you decide is fine by me.

Many thanks for all your work in keeping this place up and running :)

Agreed. Looks great; thanks for keeping it going, Jaap.

I am pleased with the changes to the forum! Carry on!

... one note though so far. When i click on a link it doesn't open in a new window or tab - it just changes the page to the link so i find I have to right click and open a link so i don't loose the original page.

I am attempting with my feeble abilities and resources to make an entry to the logo competition but so far it has not progressed beyond the crayon stage!

By the way - that new feature for voting posts up or down ... when I try it it says I have reached my quota of votes for the day! I don't even have a quota. My friend Chris (friskycutter) does but he also has a V11 and he prefers to ride the V11.

Maybe it is disabled so that we don't have to worry about the reputation feature.

By the way - that new feature for voting posts up or down ... when I try it it says I have reached my quota of votes for the day! I don't even have a quota. My friend Chris (friskycutter) does but he also has a V11 and he prefers to ride the V11.

Maybe it is disabled so that we don't have to worry about the reputation feature.

Personally I'd like to have that enabled. Then you can just act out using that button instead of participating when threads turn into stupid Global Ethanol Weapon Oil Warming rants. The forums I attend that use similar features don't seem to suffer any negative effects.

I hate to say it, but I'm not a fan. Don't listen to me about web-design tho'; nobody else does, so you'll be in the majority! ;)

The new header looks nice tho'; I like the combination of bikes used for the background. The new logo, not so much. But then I was a huge fan of the old one, so you've got factor that in.

I give my son this computer for a few days to "clean it up" and it comes back and the Whole World has changed! Is it my drivers? The Operating System? VooDoo-firewall-encryption? Maybe just old Guzzi guys with push rods can't keep the pace!

I'll get used to these changes and, as always, I appreciate this forum and the efforts of Jaap and Paul and others who have kept us 'together.'