Forum upgrade

Admin Jaap

Somehow, now, I cannot edit my posts. Clicking on the option brings up a cryptic language which does not accept my changes.

Now, I am left embroiled in the Little Nipple Controversy.

Ralph's quite lucky now with all the Big Nipples to his credit and no need to hide behind a quick and proper "edit."

What do i do to get back my EDIT?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somehow, now, I cannot edit my posts. Clicking on the option brings up a cryptic language which does not accept my changes.

Ralph's quite lucky now with all the Big Nipples to his credit and no need to hide behind a quick and proper "edit."

Anyone else with this problem? If it's only DOCC I can't be bothered to look into it. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Seriously, could you provide me a screendump if the problem still exists?

Anyone else with this problem? If it's only DOCC I can't be bothered to look into it. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Seriously, could you provide me a screendump if the problem still exists?

Not me. :stupid:

Jaap, if in the topic is some pic, when I click the pic open, it doesn't open in a new window but it still stay in the topic, so I have to return with the arrow on top left of my monitor, otherwise if I do click the pic away I do click automatically the topic or the all site away.

Did I make myself clear?

Not me. :stupid:

Jaap, if in the topic is some pic, when I click the pic open, it doesn't open in a new window but it still stay in the topic, so I have to return with the arrow on top left of my monitor, otherwise if I do click the pic away I do click automatically the topic or the all site away.

Did I make myself clear?

Yes, and I will look into it.

Hi Jaap, thanks. I attempted to edit the post above and got this in the edit box, which would not "save" or "use full edit":

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

attempt to edit 03102010

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do a lot of editing to try and keep my posts clean and accurate (no, really, I do try). Not that forum members are unforgiving, just most discerning and scrupulous (I mean that in a good way!):sun:

Docc, I notice you have html code in your posts. When you write/edit posts, what do you have under Post options? "HTML On - Raw/HTML Auto Linebreak"? This should be "HTML Off"

What you also could try is delete all cookies for V11LeMans.com.

What Operating system/browser do you use?

Docc, I notice you have html code in your posts. When you write/edit posts, what do you have under Post options? "HTML On - Raw/HTML Auto Linebreak"? This should be "HTML Off"

What you also could try is delete all cookies for V11LeMans.com.

What Operating system/browser do you use?

I thought HTML was an abbreviation for "hot tamale." I tried it on and off and otherwise, but that didn't seem to make any difference. I'll be sure to set it "off"."

I'll delete the cookies and retry.

Windows XP/Firefox.

EDIT (!): Looks like the cookie delete did the job. Must have had cookies left over from before the upgrade. Thanks, Jaap! And thanks for keeping this site up. It's the only one I spend any time on (does it show?) and one of the reasons my Sport is running so well after ten years!

Nested modifiers no longer work [ie, something you want bolded AND italicized won't be. Or be.

[Those "be"s should look the same!]

What? Are you writing the modifiers yourself?

Edit: You're right. In the preview, the first word in this very post was italic AND bold. In the post, it was just bold.

just testing

[i][b]just testing[/b][/i]

Works fine, as far as I can see.

The actual html after posting is like this

<em class='bbc'><strong class='bbc'>just testing</strong></em><br />

I use Firefox under Karmic Ubuntu Linux. Maybe a font problem? The weird thing is it looks right when editing, and in preview. Then after posting it reverts to bold-only.

I can live with it...

Very strange... My above post was good at first and now the italic bit has gone...

Sounds a bit like the same problem Docc had. Try deleting your v11lemans.com cookies and try again.

Useless.

No worries, I just won't worry about anyone misconstruing my emphasis... ;)