Forum upgrade

Admin Jaap

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just had to clear cookies again to rid the HTML code and restore the edit function.:huh2:

Yeah, the "Multiquote" doesn't work for me either. Just the first level is quoted; any quoted text inside of that is deleted gratis in the composition window.

I suppose I'll have to surrender & upgrade to the latest FFox; I've been holding on to 2.x for some of my vital add-ons which were broken w/ the changes in 3.0 and the authors are MIA... (sigh)

• 1 month later...

Even after a month, I still have to clear cookies and sign back in to edit a post.

Windows XP/ Firefox 3.6.3

Are there any browser settings or VooDoo that I can correct this??

Even after a month, I still have to clear cookies and sign back in to edit a post.

Windows XP/ Firefox 3.6.3

Are there any browser settings or VooDoo that I can correct this??

Strange... you seem to be the only one with this exact problem. So it must be a browser setting on your side. But I wouldn't know what to change. Did you Google for a solution? The forum software is called Invisionboard 3 (or IPB3)

The search function continues to confound.

Simply searching for "fuel filter" brings up two threads on "How to Ride the V11" until the search is updated for "relevance" which yields threads on fuel pump and filter alternatives.

Perhaps the sorting default could be changed to "relevance" instead of "Last Update Time."

Jaap, thanks for all the extra effort you are putting into the site lately!:notworthy:

Yeah I haven't figured out the search function yet, since the upgrade. I think it sucks, but I can't really set my finger on anything particular. Other than I don't get the hits I know I should get.

Definitely, I've found that, once you make the initial search, drop down the options at "result sorting" and select "relevance" and click "update."

I found this gives more the expected search results. I'm just hoping we can get this changed to the default setting . . .