Found doing a Tranny cover/Pawl spring inspection

mznyc

Wonder how many different tranny covers there are then. :huh2: my one has like a wishbone plate covering both cogs, held on by a bolt at the side and 2 extra circlips, you remove the circlips and slacken the bolt from the other side of the case this raises the plate so you can turn it 180 degrees to gain access to the other circlips so you can remove the cogs and change the spring. :luigi::mg::lol:

I wonder which was the modified/later design; yours appears to be heavier... Function? Just cheaper to machine less teeth?:huh2: Anyone else got same?

My Lemans is the same year as the Scura and my selector wheels look like the ones in KBs picture. I've never seen a pic of a set with teeth running all the way around the wheels :huh2: . Weird.

Got it back together and took it for a run down my dirt road,couldn't get up to speed because I didn't have riding gear on but seemed good with slicker shifting.I'll give it a proper run later in the week.

Note on fluid amounts as has been discussed before both boxes wouldn't take spec amounts.Think I got about 325cc' in the rear before it started to dribble out the view hole and 720cc for the front and went to the top of the window.I'll check levels after I get her up to temp and see if she overflows and siphon off if I have to.

Still haven't bleed clutch fluid but that will have to wait to next week.

Michael