rear spring rate

gavo

Finally a definative answer to this thread which was shutdown because of BS

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15362

The standard spring rate for a Sach fitted 2001 V11 rosso mandello is-------------------

---------9.6kg/mm as measured by MPE suspension in Beerwah QLD AUSTRALIAwhistle.gif

Which after some minor arithmetical prestidigitation = 536.5 lbs/in in meaningful dimensions[1]. :grin:

That's some really useful info Gavo: thanks! Looks like the 550#/" Ohlins spring I bought cheap off eBay back in the day will come in handy when I finally get around to installing it... :luigi:

[1] Sorry guys, no offense, but as much as I recognize that the metric system makes more sense scientifically, in the real world the old school still rules! :oldgit:;)

I know of at least one other V11 spring that was measured by Penske, and it was only 500 lb/inch.

The one they installed on my Penske shock is 525 lb/inch.

Interesting that old thread was only a year ago! And more interesting: post#13 by Gavo (Based on ratchethack's mathism):

Posted 24 December 2009 - 02:44 AM Thanks ratchet the calculator is very helpful. I get 9.5kg/mm

Still, I don't get the Ohlins units in "newtons per mm." My "#26" spring is (supposedly) 85 N/mm.

How does that translate to pounds per inch?

Interesting that old thread was only a year ago! And more interesting: post#13 by Gavo (Based on ratchethack's mathism):

Posted 24 December 2009 - 02:44 AM Thanks ratchet the calculator is very helpful. I get 9.5kg/mm

Still, I don't get the Ohlins units in "newtons per mm." My "#26" spring is (supposedly) 85 N/mm.

How does that translate to pounds per inch?

How about that I was very close, just got the shock back

service and rework damping :$160

oil, gas and valving shims :$40

bottom out rubber :$20

spring :$175

total $395 inc gst

Can't wait to try it, this guy did the shock on my DR 650 and it was the best money I've ever spent on a bikeduim.gif

Wow, my stock Sachs was maybe 500#/" and the Ohlins is 485 . . .

Hardly wot me "pants" tell me.

Well, me pants have lied to me before, then . . .:rolleyes: