Australia flooding

Admin Jaap

Very bad up there at the moment. Ten confirmed dead with scores missing. At the moment Wyvenhoe dam isn't in danger but if it does spill over the dam it apparently will undercut it and there is a severe risk of dam collapse. The possibility IS remote but if that dam goes so does Brisbane, a city of a couple of million.

Pete

Very bad up there at the moment. Ten confirmed dead with scores missing. At the moment Wyvenhoe dam isn't in danger but if it does spill over the dam it apparently will undercut it and there is a severe risk of dam collapse. The possibility IS remote but if that dam goes so does Brisbane, a city of a couple of million.

Pete

I think thats mainly media hype. the Dam has a second emergency spillway see here http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/01/11/3110758.htm however levels are to go higher than record 74 flood with up to 19000 homes going under. As pete said 10 confirmed dead and at least 90 missing, 75% of state flooded. And it's speading nth NSW flooding and flooding predicted for Vic, Tas, and SA. Ass for me I'm lucky up on a hill but this is day 5 stuck here and wifes stuck in town. Working my way through the pantry rolleyes.gif but the rivers going down slowly so maybe tomorrow. The weather boffins say la nina weather pattern caused this and as its so strong this year there could be further rain until winter. May be a moist ride to Tassy next month unsure.gif