GVWR?

IBA 270

Howdy list!

I'm getting aquainted a bit with Guzzi's just prior to delivery. I've spend many an hour ready through issues, problems fixes and mods. No different than any other brand, I'm quite sure.

At any rate...this is a number that's sometimes tough to get: what the heck is the GVWR on a V11 LeMans, or better put including my fat butt, how fat a butt can ride along? Not worried as much about handling as I am about stressing sub frames and the like...

Thanks for any insight!

GVWR is the gross vehicle weight rating. The total weight of the vehicle, operator,passenger and all loads on the vehicle.

The answer to the first ? is ....... this bike will stand up to the GVWR with no troubles.

The answer to the second ? is.........if either operator or passenger is female, we cannot answer or discuss that question.......

GVWR is the gross vehicle weight rating. The total weight of the vehicle, operator,passenger and all loads on the vehicle.

The answer to the first ? is ....... this bike will stand up to the GVWR with no troubles.

The answer to the second ? is.........if either operator or passenger is female, we cannot answer or discuss that question.......

LOL! :D Yea, I know...what IS the GVWR? That's the number I'm looking for.

Hmm, I don't see a published GVWR for my 2000 Sport in the Owner's manual, Workshop Manual, or the sales brochure.

Many of us have found that anyone who has ever been aquainted with cornbread or bratwurst might have more personal mass than the springs were designed for. Swapping to correct springs is not that difficult or expensive and really transforms any/the bike.

Carrying passengers or adding luggage really makes remote rear preload adjustment a nice bonus. My aftermarket Ohlins has it, but I'm not sure if the Ohlins equipped LeMans of '03 and '04 are preload adjustable.:huh2:

The manual for my wifes V11 Sport lists a "Max allowed load" of 214 kgs, to be divided up 48 kgs on the front and 166 kgs on the rear. How you are supposed to measure that I have no idea.

Hmm, I don't see a published GVWR for my 2000 Sport in the Owner's manual, Workshop Manual, or the sales brochure.

Many of us have found that anyone who has ever been aquainted with cornbread or bratwurst might have more personal mass than the springs were designed for. Swapping to correct springs is not that difficult or expensive and really transforms any/the bike.

Carrying passengers or adding luggage really makes remote rear preload adjustment a nice bonus. My aftermarket Ohlins has it, but I'm not sure if the Ohlins equipped LeMans of '03 and '04 are preload adjustable.:huh2:

No doubt! Hydraulic pre-load is absolutely a bonus! I do only a little two up stuff, I was just wondering what it would be...Generally, stock bikes are sprung light for me, but it's nothing a swap can't fix.

The manual for my wifes V11 Sport lists a "Max allowed load" of 214 kgs, to be divided up 48 kgs on the front and 166 kgs on the rear. How you are supposed to measure that I have no idea.

THAT'S what I'm looking for...WOW! A little higher than I expected..FWIW, a BMW RT has one of the better rated capacities at around 460 or so...the V11 smidge higher than that! Nice...

I appreciate that info very much GuzziMoto!

Ah! There it is: page 80 in the Owner's Manual. Good work, Guzzimoto.:thumbsup:

The LeMans may have slightly higher rear axle loads as the wheel is wider and the tire is bigger. The frame changes from the Sport might also affect the loads. Any one out there with a LeMans manual?

BTW, my Ohlins remote preload adjuster is cable actuated. Again, I'm not sure if the stock Guzzi Ohlins has remote preload adjustment.