MG World Club?

belfastguzzi

What's the World Club all about? Is there any value or purpose in taking membership?

I'm wondering because of organising local NI 'club', though it's not a proper, formal club.

I'd like a badge:

kit_mgwc_2011_rotator.jpg

mgwc_patch_90_375.jpg

What's the World Club all about? Is there any value or purpose in taking membership?

I'm wondering because of organising local NI 'club', though it's not a proper, formal club.

I'd like a badge:

kit_mgwc_2011_rotator.jpg

mgwc_patch_90_375.jpg

I want the charge card. Say, what's your social security number (or equivalent)? Oh, and your address.

:lol:

Sorry- I can't tell you much about the 'World Club'. I'd probably join for a year just to see what they offer as services (depending on cost of admission).

I met a guy named Luigi (seriously) who worked for Moto Guzzi, and he gave me a couple of stickers from Moto Club Carlo Guzzi on them. I put one on my V11 Sport. I'm saving the other for a special occasion.

When the MotoGuzziWorldclub started I joined up with V11LeMans.com. I thought it would be fun. But after that I heard nothing from them, just invites to club meetings in Italy. At the 2006 GMG there was a MGWC meeting in Mandello I attended and apart from the Norwegian MG club chairman I was the the only non-Italian. They hardly translated the stuff they said, so it was a lost 2 hours for me.

My conclusion: "World" club, my arse! It's just a useless umbrella organisation for Italian MG clubs. I can't be bothered anymore.

... At the 2006 GMG there was a MGWC meeting in Mandello I attended and apart from the Norwegian MG club chairman I was the the only non-Italian. They hardly translated the stuff they said, so it was a lost 2 hours for me.

My conclusion: "World" club, my arse! It's just a useless umbrella organisation for Italian MG clubs. I can't be bothered anymore.

I think there must be a translation disconnect, or missing punctuation or something: maybe it's supposed to be the "Moto Guzzi World" club as in all things Guzzi, whereas we're trying to read it as the Moto Guzzi "World Club" as in world-wide. As you said, it clearly isn't: I remember receiving a free copy of their "Aquila" magazine, and the entire thing was in Italian. Not that I wouldn't expect it to be, but I would think they'd have at least provided the articles in at least one other language. Or if they didn't want to print the extra pages, provide a URL at the end of the articles so you could find a translated text online? Wonderful, high-quality printing but somewhat useless as a sales tool outside of Italy...

Right. A bit of a look around does give that impression. Italian gents of a high order organising expensive trips from one upmarket hotel to the next. Nice badges for 2011 mind you. I see that, in keeping with tradition, not all who joined in 2010 received their 2010 membership pack and will, erm, receive a pack in 2011 instead, perhaps.

Why is the badge in English?

KB :sun:

The actual name of the club is MG World Club... isn't it?

Would you have liked to have seen the dates in roman numerals.

Moto Guzzi is Latin for Massey Ferguson.

I'm more curious as to why there's a big sprocket in the logo, when Massey Gussi is known for being shaft drive?

And why have they put the average age of Guzzi owners in the middle of the badge, behind the pigeon?

..The actual name of the club is MG World Club... isn't it?

Would you have liked to have seen the dates in roman numerals.

Moto Guzzi is Latin for Massey Ferguson....

...yes but...if everything else is in Italian shouldn't it be MGClubbo Mundo or something? Roman numerals would be just fine.

..Would you have liked to have seen the dates in roman numerals.

...yes but...if everything else is in Italian shouldn't it be MGClubbo Mundo or something? Roman numerals would be just fine.

Oh dear. I omitted a question mark. Didn't I.

As for the ever confusing and inconsistent world of all things Moto Guzzi, there are a few other words that often crop up, such as:

Mondial; Raid; mucholoadsa Euros; 5 Star Hotel.

So why don't they call it MG Raid Mondial Mondo Clubbo 5 Star?

They could even keep that question mark.

I'm more curious as to why there's a big sprocket in the logo, when Massey Gussi is known for being shaft drive?

And why have they put the average age of Guzzi owners in the middle of the badge, behind the pigeon?

:grin: :grin:

I am not sure what is their relation with Piaggio/MG (official club?)

so far they organize some events in Italy mainly.

Mailed them to ask about if there is going to be a GMG 2011(90yrs), reply was that they have no info although they are based in Mandello Del Lario :!:

:grin: :grin:

I am not sure what is their relation with Piaggio/MG (official club?)

so far they organize some events in Italy mainly.

Mailed them to ask about if there is going to be a GMG 2011(90yrs), reply was that they have no info although they are based in Mandello Del Lario :!:

I thought that it is the official club. :huh2: