Pirelli new version of Diablo?

tmcafe

I remember Metzeler was recommending that the tires be inflated close to the max pressure. I think the minuses are obvious: colder tires means less grip; smaller contact patch; less shock absorbing. The pluses may be that they wear slower and they flex less so they keep their profile better. I may be wrong. Another thing I read was that the ideal cold pressure would go up by 5-10% after riding. More than 10% is to little pressure. So for this bike I had come up with 34 F and 38 R.

I remember Metzeler was recommending that the tires be inflated close to the max pressure. I think the minuses are obvious: colder tires means less grip; smaller contact patch; less shock absorbing. The pluses may be that they wear slower and they flex less so they keep their profile better. I may be wrong. Another thing I read was that the ideal cold pressure would go up by 5-10% after riding. More than 10% is to little pressure. So for this bike I had come up with 34 F and 38 R.

Makes sense. The manufacturer however does take the increase due to temp rise into account when suggesting a maximum pressure for the user. Now, the use of Nitrogen has given the retailer an excuse to go up into those realms when filling the tyre, resulting in a horrible ride if you accept that wheel as delivered, all in order to attain maximum life. I think we get caught up in the concept of ideal tyre performance- typical street rider having a field day comparing personal experiences to observed results made at tracks by lighter machines with considerably more power and lighter riders. What works so well there must work here...personally I have never had issues with a tyre not being warm enough as long as it is over 50F ambient. Its always been a matter of trying to cool the rubber down, but then again it depends on what you are doing- commuting, touring or scratching. I'm glad an outfit like Pirelli finally has an option for me and my Grand Tourismo Le Mans. :rasta: oil and rubber eh? never ends