loud nockey clutch 04 v11

dangerous

Well, I knew my clutch (04 LeMans) was a nocky ratley thing, as in when ya pull the clutch leaver in it goes away... took the 2yr old around the block (on the foot path) and with out a lid on me nut I relised the nocking rattle is quite bad now.

Any ideas whats up? do I need to look at it or just rev it harder so as the exhust note over powers the rattle?

Does the Nero Corsa use the single plate clutch? Sounds like it if its quiet when you pull the lever in. If that is the case I would strongly advise inspecting it before you ride the bike again. The single plate clutch flywheels are shatter prone and can do a host of nasty things if they come to bits at speed.

Pete

Does the Nero Corsa use the single plate clutch? Sounds like it if its quiet when you pull the lever in. If that is the case I would strongly advise inspecting it before you ride the bike again. The single plate clutch flywheels are shatter prone and can do a host of nasty things if they come to bits at speed.

Pete

na, Im sure the single plate clutchs were not used by the 04, its made the noise for a long time just that its rater loud now at 40,000km... mind you its had a hardish life at times being used to wheelie.. I know dumb arse dangerous, rocks in my head n all, but you know how it is.

rocks in my head n all, but you know how it is.

That could be where the knocky, rattly noise is coming from?

Mine got significantly louder due to rivet failure, somehow managed to score the inner clutch hub and the friction plates would hang up on it, resulting in excessive noise and ultimately the failure of the remaining rivets rendering the clutch useless. Better get in there before more damage is done.

... mind you its had a hardish life at times being used to wheelie..

Were those wheelies before or after you installed one of Pete's (in?)famous Sloppij Sheetz [all rights reserved]? :luigi:

'Cause I'm thinking that if it was b4, then that knocking-rattly sound may be your bottom end bearings... :unsure:

'Cause I'm thinking that if it was b4, then that knocking-rattly sound may be your bottom end bearings... :unsure:

sounds very similer to a big/bottom end noise, but it defnitly goes away when the clutch is inguaged.

...but it defnitly goes away when the clutch is inguaged.

It's just the gearbox I guess. Nothing special then, the knocking should also go away when you rise the idle revs a bit.