Oil the intake

Guest callithrix

Guest callithrix

I was replacing my intake boots (ordered them from MG cycle; received them the same week during Thankgiving! These guys are great! Still waiting for them from the dealer after 3 1/2months!). Any way I noticed a significant amount of oil either pooled or burnt both prior to an after the injector location. I'm talking about the areasright before and after the butterfly valve. I'm concerned the rings on my bike are shot. I haven't performed a leak down test. Does any one know if this is normal or should I start considering a rebuild. :luigi:

If you still have the stock airbox alot of oil enters the intake system through the crankcase vent. Especially if you run high rpm. Synthetic oil is the most resistant to evaporative loss and may help minimize intake oiling.

Guest callithrix

Because it was what I had at the time and an aircooled, two vlave pushrod activated engine made with less than exacting standards doesn't strike me as modern tecnology. :D

I guess I'll have to switch. I've always run Castrol but found out about the heat evaporation issue trying to solve sticking throttle plates on a high rpm car motor.

I've had my airbox stored tipped up for a few weeks while waiting on parts. It was amazing how much oil ran out of the thing!