no clutch...Help!

dave

Hey all, I finally managed to get my 2000 v11 sport put back together after 4 years in boxes. A total rehab from a sorry beast. I need some help though. After having the recall work done to the tranny and me pulling the clutch slave cylinder out and putting the thing back in (properly I believe, even if a stupid thing to do), I have no clutch... bled the thing until no bubbles appeared and still no clutch at all. I am dreading pulling it back apart. Any sage wisdom from on high? Heck, even drunken mumblings would be welcome at this point!

Is there pressure on the lever like it's lifting or just go to the bar with no back-pressure?

If it's the former, perhaps it's stuck to the flywheel

If latter you must still have air in there.

Any parts still laying around?

5984360_5009176.jpg

Hubert

Funny you should mention left over bits. I have this spring left over that is a dead ringer for one that comes in a master cylinder rebuild kit. Thanks for the help!

The point is, you can hardly do anything wrong here - unless you spare some parts. It's 100% the same system/principle as you have it at the brakes. If you push the plunger back into it's housing it can take some lever actions to get him in contact with the clutch again.

What if you take the slave cylinder off again and pump the plunger carefully out 5 mm before remounting it? Maybe you have to take off the exhaust for that, but that's no problem.

I would not reopen the line at this stage, bleeding is not really funny. The thing should work without this master spring, I guess, as others have it broken without noticing it.

Hubert

The point is, you can hardly do anything wrong here - unless you spare some parts. It's 100% the same system/principle as you have it at the brakes. If you push the plunger back into it's housing it can take some lever actions to get him in contact with the clutch again.

What if you take the slave cylinder off again and pump the plunger carefully out 5 mm before remounting it? Maybe you have to take off the exhaust for that, but that's no problem.

I would not reopen the line at this stage, bleeding is not really funny. The thing should work without this master spring, I guess, as others have it broken without noticing it.

Hubert

The spring must be from something else. I took off the banjo fitting as before...not it. Time to remove the slave assembly. I did not fully grasp what you were saying about pumping the plunger out 5mm, but the help is appreciated.