hot exhaust

rossi46

The left side is lean..... Do you have an infra-red thermometer to put on the exhaust pipes to see difference in temps. ?

Check for air leaks at the intake. If that is o.k. you probably have a fuel injector problem. www.lindertech.com is the place to send them for service. They can test, flow rate and clean them . They will tell you if they are bad or good , so you can be assured that is or is not your problem.

thanks guys for your help, I'm not very mechanically minded but willing!! I ran the bike for a minute today to check for anything obvious but nothing, is it worth checking the valves? how do i check the injectors?(no thermometer) is it safe to ride? even to a garage? I have done about 1700miles in the past few months(alot for me) only yesterday the bike clocked 18888, which tickled me and i thought ' Man life is sweeeeet' soon be run in!!!! :angry:Hubert I wish i could ride it but I fear serious damage!!

I noticed it for the first time yesterday-I had done my usual commute, 20 miles motorway,A road and the last mile or so at 30ish surely I would have noticed it before? the only positive is now my wife may allow me to buy a new push bike as backup 'cos I got her car for work- 'all ways look on the bright side of life..... :rolleyes:

...Hubert I wish i could ride it but I fear serious damage!!

Well, it's your bike, if in doubt I wouldn't trust the internet neither. All I can say is the exhausts do glow at idle, on the sidestand. Mine do. The very thin QuatD tubes glow rather bright even. They don't do this while the bike's moving what cools them down sufficiently.

Checking the valves is a good idea nevertheless, but as long as the bike runs well as usual I would say there's not much risk of serious damage. These engines are robust.

hubert

• 4 weeks later...