No Fuel Pump

mznyc

Haven't started the ole girl for a few months,trying to solve clutch problems.Went out yesterday to start her up and no fuel pump priming sound.

Checked,

Fuse

Swapped Relay

Kill Switch

Kick stand up/down no matter(always worked down previously)

All lights work

Turns over fine

Checked all leads to battery

Neutral light lit and bike in Neutral

What should I see volt/cont wise at the fuse and relay key on-off?

Thanks

Michael

This might help

Guzzi Wiring - Simple.pdf

Do you hear the petcock operate.

With the key on see if the Relay 1 clicks as you put it in and out of the socket.

Check for 12V at the 30 terminal of R1 R2, if not check F1 F2

If you've had the battery disconnected check to make sure you reconnected ALL the wires

Thanks Roy!

"Do you hear the petcock operate"

Do you mean this? "Went out yesterday to start her up and no fuel pump priming sound."

"Checked all leads to battery"

I read your diagram before posting and saw that direct lead from the relay to the battery. Everything was pulled clear and battery removed,so that makes me wonder.I have missed leads before when re-assembling.Want to add heated grips,to the power outlet and with all the wires jammed into a cramped space ,may be time for a fusebox

Sorry stupid electical newb question.

When checking volts at relay ,I should have one probe at the terminal and the other grounded?(frame?)Does it matter pos,neg probe which goes where?

Sorry bout the electron 101 questions :notworthy:

I have an 03 Sport. The N (neutral) light has to be on or your fuel pump will not energize.

Check to see that this light is on.

Gstallons

I should mentioned that it is in neutral and N light is lit.

May be worth whipping stater motor off and checking neutral switch behind it.

Guzz,

Starter motor was off while working on transmission cover.Replaced neutral switch with a new one before restoring and it is working.If the N light is any indication .

Of course DMM dies while trying to trouble shoot :homer:

Thanks for the suggestions

Use a GOOD test light............. It is better than a DVOM. You need it only when you need exact information...

p.s. I will get my glasses n look at my wiring diagram....

You can bypass (for test purposes) the sidestand switch to see if it is at fault. Keep in mind, all these bikes/wiring diagrams are not identical.

What's the safest way to do that without blowin anything up?

OK stop the presses.Found the problem.Thought I had checked thoroughly , but after pulling the battery again found one of the neg leads had fallen under the battery when re-installing.

Thanks to all for the help!

Took her out for a quick ride before clutch surgery ,and she was running sweet(other than false neutrals).Been sitting for months! :thumbsup:

..out for a quick ride before clutch surgery ,and she was running sweet(other than false neutrals)... :thumbsup:

Why don't you take her out for some more sweet rides before the clutch surgery? I mean it's always nice to have some sweet memories of yesterday.

Field surgery is a risky thing and will always leave scars no forum can wipe off just so ;)

hubert

..out for a quick ride before clutch surgery ,and she was running sweet(other than false neutrals)... :thumbsup:

Why don't you take her out for some more sweet rides before the clutch surgery? I mean it's always nice to have some sweet memories of yesterday.

Field surgery is a risky thing and will always leave scars no forum can wipe off just so ;)

hubert

Weathers finally turning seasonable here in the north east US,which means cold.Been the warmest November on record. Unfortunately the wonky clutch has limited my rides on the Goose for over a year.Time to get it sorted! :thumbsup: