Engine Mounting Bolt Torque?

Judge

Got a 2002 Lemans, noticed the right rear engine mounting bolt is loose, anyone have any idea of the proper torque for these bolts (8mm socket heads). Also need to check the front ones (10 mm socket head) anyone got torque info for these??

The standard torque value for a 10mm bolt or nut is 45.5 Nm (33.5 ft lbs).

The standard value for an 8 mm is 25.3 Nm (18.6 ft lbs).

But the rear mounting is by a shaft that runs under the transmission...do you mean the socket-heads that connect the frame plates (pork chops as Al calls them)?

Cheers,

Jason

Those values are for the diameter of the bolt shaft. Be careful not to confuse that with the size of the driver being used to turn the fastener. :luigi::luigi:

Wish I had a picture but it is on the x mission side, a long bar that comes up to the case with a 8mm socket head, bolt diameter is larger than that, I ended up backing it out as much as I could (the head eventually hits the exhaust header pipe while backing out) - coated the exposed threads with anti-sieze and re-tightened - hand torqued it as tight as I would a spark plug.

Mine was so loose it almost fell out but, thank goodness the pipe was in the way. :blink: I tightened it about as tight as I could get it with the alan socket. Probably around 25ft-lbs. Hasn't come loose in the past six months.