Tranny Rebuild,anyone know if anyone is offering this service currentl

mznyc

I have exhausted most of my options to correct bad shifting and may have to try to have the box rebuilt if the last few desperate tries dont work.

Charlie Cole only does 5-speeds

Email into MPH ,havent heard back

Gonna try Micha at MI

I'll try Guzzitech

Searching Ebay for a used box nothing yet,has to be US only as shipping from anywhere else makes it prohibitive

Thanks

Michael

Art @ Europa Macchina rebuilt my gearbox.

He did a great job, it shifts very well.

I had him replace some of the internals with parts from a later box to end up with a hybrid box.

Art seems like a good mechanic, not only did he have no issues with the hybrid swap he had suggestions of his own on how to make it better.

I don't know where you are but they are in central Pa.

Art @ Europa Macchina rebuilt my gearbox.

He did a great job, it shifts very well.

I had him replace some of the internals with parts from a later box to end up with a hybrid box.

Art seems like a good mechanic, not only did he have no issues with the hybrid swap he had suggestions of his own on how to make it better.

I don't know where you are but they are in central Pa.

Thanks GM I'll try them

Do you remember what the service cost,if you dont mind me asking?

Thanks

Michael

I do not remember what they charged.

I had Art replace all the bearings and seals while he was in there and that probably added to the cost.

But while I don't recall the total amount I did not seem to think it was too much.

I also had him upgrade the bearings but if you are doing a six speed box I don't think they have the same plastic bearing cage. If it does I would replace them with steel cage versions.

Great Thanks,

I asked to talk to Art to the women who answered the phone and she told me I had to bring the bike in.I told her that wont be possible as I live 200 miles away and wanted to talk to him to give symptoms and get a guess of time involved.(I had hoped to pull box and ship it).She said she would try to have him call me so we'll see.

Thanks for the help,... :drink:

If any one knows another option ,please chime in case this doesn't work out.