extending plain bearing life

v11brad

...I was easily able to generate a low pressure light on acceleration in first and second with my 04 Ballabio...

As a matter of interest, do you know what amount of oil you had in there when you did that? Was it up at max on the stick?

KB :sun:

Oil level was pretty high up on the stick, not absolute max, but above half of the range.

...I was easily able to generate a low pressure light on acceleration in first and second with my 04 Ballabio...

As a matter of interest, do you know what amount of oil you had in there when you did that? Was it up at max on the stick?

Oil level was pretty high up on the stick, not absolute max, but above half of the range.

I would call that "low." At the mark, or better: just above. It's that or go for Pete's P/roper Plate. Or both.

Lot's of discussion about oil, but - make no mistake - oil is good and lots of oil is best.

:thumbsup:

Thanks Craig. As Docc says I think it's important to keep oil level at or slightly above max on the stick: That's what I do & I never seen oil light come on during acceleration.

Now have Roper plate fitted also.