Hi tech?

Guest guest_Buzz

Guest guest_Buzz

I am looking to purchase a 2003 Naked v11. I sold my '02 Lemans but miss the thing so now i'm thinking of a v11 sport. Everyone talks about Guzzi being " old technology" reliable , but not "hi tech". What about other v twins like B.M.W,Harley ,Ducati or Jap v twins... are they more hi tech? Do all v twins fall into the dinosaur catagory or are some light years ahead? Thanks.

Buzz :bier:

Guest northend

I don't see what the problem is? :huh2: . If ya miss it then ya gotta get another one :thumbsup: Nowadays they all have fuel injection and electronic ignition, some are more complex to dial in but I believe that Guzzi's are fairly easy :grin: .As for old school, If air cooled is old school I'll take it, it makes for a nice uncluttered motor and less to go wrong with it.

Do I love my Guzzi???.....Hell yes :mg:

About all the Guzzi is misssing is water cooling and multivalves...no big loss unless you want more power.

If you wait for an MGS01 you could get the multi valves and the envy of many. :mg:

Probably before 2010 we will probably see a water cooled, multivalved 100+ HP goose.

So yes the technology is dated, but it is not altogether inferior. We have probably all helped a crashed water cooled bike into a pick up thinking if that was my Guzzi, I'd be home by now!

Adjusting twice as many valves is not twice the pleasure, nor id having twice as many things to go wrong going to cause twice the problems. Simplicity is a beautiful thing.