Charging Issues With Electrosport ESR510

moto fugazzi

I can say that the OEM set-up on the early V11 defeats the light when the 30 amp fuse opens; doesn't come on with the ignition switch and doesn't come on when the bike sputters to a stop.

Later V11 (~2003-2004) apparently have no battery warning light. What's up with that? Did the regulator and wire routing change, too?

(Maybe this part of the discussion belongs on the OEM Regulator Rectifier thread, I dunno . . .)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So it looks like there's no perfect solution. I do have a voltmeter from ADVMonster, but it's almost impossible to read during the day (too dim). I did add another voltmeter mounted to my fairing that's much brighter during the day, so as long as I'm paying attention, I shouldn't have any issues.

My charge light with the Energia does seem to work now. It doesn't go on when I turn on the ignition unless the voltage is low. It went on a few times last night when I was at stop lights and I had my heated grips on. I was planning a trip from Milwaukee to Minneapolis next week, and I didn't want to get stranded in the middle of nowhere, like I did last year when I had a flat on my V7C (that was quite the adventure). I have since converted that bike to tubeless.

Ken