front mudguard bolts

rossi46

Hi decided to fit a fender extender today, been riding in some serious rain recently, all was well except for those 3 stupid tiny bolts and the rubber 'captive nut' thingy that join the two halves together! having destroyed 2 of them is there a better alternative ? thanks 

sounds like a common well nut ?  Typically sued to attach windshields on to fairings.  Ace Hardware carries a good selection.  Not sure if you have a hardware chain in the UK with good fastener selection. 

Not available on HMB, but useful for future ref. thanks.

I've just put in a search in Google: "anti vibration mount"

Returned link: http://www.vibration-mounts.co.uk

They have an online shop, accept PayPal and do small orders

Just ordered half a dozen 'M4 grommet mounts' (what they call them!). Dimensions given (in engineering drawing) are very close to GU93231604. But at £1.09 each are much cheaper. If I have to destroy them every time I take the 'guard apart I don't want to be paying £3 each!

I'll let you know if they are a good substitute when they get here.

fit is , to me, good enough, having ridden 120mls this week in terrible weather I can say that it works, the front of the engine and the alt. cover are not as caked in crap as before which in the long run can only be a good thing :thumbsup: as for those pesky nut things I ended up using these, just cut them down a bit and replaced the bolts with some stainless from pro bolt

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M4-Rubber-Nuts-Well-Nuts-Short-PACK-OF-10-/360745243056?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item53fe1791b0 

Yep, they'd do. Well nut/grommet mount, any other names out there? Cheaper too than the ones I found and the stainless screw is a logical step given its exposure to road filth.

Good find.