Clutch hose fitting thread size?

sp838

Anyone know offhand what the diameter and thread pitch is on the fitting at the end of the clutch hose, that screws into the Grimeca hydraulic clutch?

*crickets*

I guess I'll just remove it and measure them. I need to bleed the clutch anyway.

I guess you'll need to post back with your own answer to your own question . . .

Then someone can chime in so you don't feel like you're talking to yourself. :whistle:

• Like 1

heh, will do. I need a slightly longer line because of my handle bars. I'd like to put a banjo bolt in there instead of a fitted line. it's probably a standard m10x1, was hoping to have the replacement ready before taking the original line out. oh well...

That wouldn't surprise me that anyone wouldn't have that info ready off the top of their head,or in a data base,sure someone will chime in.

I would suggest a Speedbleeder while in there as it makes bleeding much easier. http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16028&hl=mznyc&page=2

I actually already have a speed bleeder for this very purpose, bought it back when I got the bike, have been saving it until I was going to bleed the clutch. Which is as soon as I replace this line.

So I think once I measure the fitting I'm gonna go with a metric to AN adapter, some AN braided hose, then an AN to metric banjo. These guys seem to have it all under one roof:

http://www.anplumbing.com/Adapters/Metric-25.html

• 3 weeks later...

The fitting that goes into the Grimeca slave is M10 x 1.00 x 15. The line itself is ~110cm. All kinds of markings on it, metric and SAE. Only one I remember now is 3mm. Assuming that might be the inside diameter? What is the best wy to route it?

I'm trying to convert from the metric. Maybe the line length is in cm (108) ? - - - - 42 inches would make more sense than 4.2 inches?

Otherwise, it makes sense that the threaded fitting is  10mm diameter with a 1.00 mm thread pitch and 15 mm long.

Routing? Mine appears to start from the left side of the spine at the head tube and cross under it to the right before dropping to the slave cylinder.

yes, cm. that was a typo, fixed it :) mine was zip tied to the wiring harness on the right side of the spine. kind of a pain to get it out.

Ordered a 50" braided AN -3 hose, with swivel hose ends, the one for the mc with a 90° bend in it, and two metric to AN adapters.

The swivels should make it easier to fit the line. On our stock line, the fittings are crimped on meaning you have to turn the whole line to screw/unscrew it from the slave, and then you have to twist the line to get the banjo on the other end to line up with the mc.