BMC pod filters?

sp838

Does anyone know what the part number is for these BMC pods? I am 99.9% decided on going with pods instead of the air box. These ones are supposed to be a very good option. Any other options and suggestions greatly appreciated.

PS: some well intentioned souls might be tempted to chime in with admonishments seeking to convince me not to go with pods. Please don't bother wasting my time and yours.

image.jpg

Hey, man, as far as you have gone with this custom V11, I think you should go straight to snorkels. Zip-tie the up-pipes to your elbows. :mellow: Show those pesky water crossings who's boss!

Uh-oh. "Nod-nod. Wink-wink. Know what I mean?"

I went all through the BMC website and couldn't find that oval conical with metal top.

Supposedly Rossopuro and Ghezzi Brian carry them but I'm leery of ordering from Italy. I might not get them till sometime next year.

I would, if I knew what I was looking for. They makes dozens of products.

I would, if I knew what I was looking for. They makes dozens of products.

Why not contact BMC & ask? Might help to have some relevant stats to hand, like what the max OAL can be and what size hole you need to mate up w/ the Guzzi intakes...

Sent the image out to a couple people, I will report back if I have any success. In the meantime, I found these on the BMC site, might be a good option:

http://www.bmcairfilters.com/conical-filters%2ftwin-air-filter/fbtw60-150_d258_5.aspx

These have a 12º angle on the manifold...

Roy - which K&N pods are you using? 

I found those BMC pod filters that Rossopuro was selling, Here they are, in case anyone is curious:

The codes mean:

L = left
R = right
C = center

CT = carbon fiber top (as opposed to the metal top as shown in the photo above)

They are pretty small, only 70mm long. So I ordered a set of these K&N pods which are a lot bigger:

I have some silicone intake reducers to go from 70mm to 50mm. Might be a tight squeeze but I think they should fit. Fingers crossed...

Sent the image out to a couple people, I will report back if I have any success. In the meantime, I found these on the BMC site, might be a good option:

http://www.bmcairfilters.com/conical-filters%2ftwin-air-filter/fbtw60-150_d258_5.aspx

These have a 12º angle on the manifold...

Roy - which K&N pods are you using? 

Sorry, it's so long since I bought them I won't be able to find a record.

I bought the straight ones, slight angle would sit better.

In my picture here I have them extended by using the existing intake rubbers as velocity stacks, I think it ran a little better that way. I have since taken these off and have them straight on the throttle body.

The red cloth covers looked nice for about a year, cheap enough to replace if you wanted to.