V11 SCURA CLUTCH PROBLEM SPRING PLATE

bivas

Hi folks, I recently bought my first Guzzi, a V11 Scura 2002. While reading this forum, I discovered that this model has big issues with the clutch so I decided to check mine. Fortunately, it has no cracks, it looks like new (I bought the bike from the first owner, it has only 13.000 km and he never abused it).   So I decided to stick with this one this season and have it changed next winter with a single plated clutch with more quality and performance. Unfortunately, I did not take the spring plate into account when I unmounted it and  now I cannot see it having any position marks like the other parts of the clutch have. Does anyone happen to know if the spring plate is balanced/centered with the rest of the clutch or can I just fit it anyhow, just like the disk?

I also need to know to which torque I need to tighten the 6 screws (inbus) which hold the pressure plate and the gear starter ring together.

I cannot seem to find a manual in which to find the answer to these questions...Does anyone happen to have a SCURA manual? I bought quite a few manuals that I could find on the internet but none is complete and none has the Scura clutch specifications.

Thanks

Alex

Congrats Alex.There is no Scura manual.The V11 shop manual covers all models.Engine is essentially the same from1999-2005.I'm not home so don't know the torque of those screws but they do have a general torque chart for each size screw and bolt.I dont think the pressure plate is weighted but someone else could confirm it ,you could also email TLM they may be able to help.I did the single plate to twin-plate conversion when I had the motor out.Getting it out is 90% of the job so would consider that as an option while you have it open and may give you piece of mind as the 2 platers have been proven reliable.

Don't take me as gospel, but as far as I know....

The diaphragm spring must be centred in the flywheel - it locates in a housing in the flywheel - but it doesn't matter where you place it radially.

RAM instructions give 2-2.2 kg-m (20-22Nm/14.5-16lb/ft) as torque setting for the six outer flywheel bolts - don't see why it shouldn't be same for Scura OE. Also recommend loctiting these.

You have to be careful to get (& keep) everything centred when you assemble.

KB :sun: