gearbox eccentric adjustment?

rioeni486

hi, everyone,

I am v11 lemans owner in south korea.

Just 1month ago, I bought this beautiful v11 lemans 2002y. Everything was good at that time.

But now, I heard and felt something like metal gear griding sound or vibration when I shift up (2nd to 3rd) & (3rd to 4th), especially 2nd to 3rd.

I have read many thread but I am still confused what am I supposed to do for adjustment or repair.

This morning, I removed starter and check some bolts but I could not verify which one is eccentric adjust(=need to adjust) - no.1 or no.2(refer to attached file)

when I turn no.2 bolt (counter clockwise or clockwise), the shift rod move upward and backward but still heard and felt grinding noise and vibration. -> I could not find any differences when I rode it. :bbblll:

when I turn no.1 bolt, I could not find any differences. :bbblll:

What should I do? :angry2: it is necessary to open gearshift box? T.T

thanks.

v11 lemans.JPG

Is your clutch functioning properly?

Other shiftingsm is ok(1st.neutral.2nd.5th.6th)

Are you suspecting clutch fluid or adjustment?

Could u tell me more details which you are suspecting? I wanna do anything for repair.

thanks in advance

moved here for better responses.

No one has ever had any success getting their gearbox to shift better with those adjustments. Only if it upshifts more easily than downshift (or other way round) should the eccentric need to be centered.

There are some simple things to try first: Change gearoil, bleed the clutch fluid and be sure there is full travel in the clutch lever. Clean and lubricate the foot shift lever and be sure it is not striking the frame sideplate on the downshift.

The eccentric adjust is really a fine tune adjustment and not a cure-all for bad shifting.

If clutch is working properly and fluids are fresh in MC and gearbox,I would inspect the cover maybe spring and pawl are are distorted ,and usually break soon after.Spring is about $10,pawl is about $70 if they haven't been replaced yet.After that take a look at the clutch but would check all the external things first.I had missed shifts did all that and replaced clutch and still was bad.Replaced the entire pre-selector assembly with a used one and shifted perfectly.So don't know why it was shifting badly,maybe something got mis-aligned in the assembly but nothing obvious.