What about Greenies?

LowRyter

5 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

This is the best looking Greenie on the planet. Personally I think it's the best looking Guzzi ever. Just my un biased opinion.

IMG_3403.JPG

2 hours ago, gstallons said:

Well , while you're bragging , give us a rundown. There is not much stock I see on the bike . 

On 8/2/2021 at 4:06 PM, Guzzimax said:

I can honestly say I cannot ever recall seeing a real live black V11, or even an advert for one in recent years, it would be interesting to see the actual production nos

Nkns0Cs.jpegvXF7SGv.jpegLKsfgHY.jpeg

Yeah, I know that post was a few years ago... but Greenies are timeless.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, gstallons said:

Well , while you're bragging , give us a rundown. There is not much stock I see on the bike . 

On the contrary apart  from the rear shock, wheels, belly pan, mufflers and brake disks it's all stock Guzzi. Just stuff everyone replaces eventually. Maybe not the wheels.

Phil

12 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

On the contrary apart  from the rear shock, wheels, belly pan, mufflers and brake disks it's all stock Guzzi. Just stuff everyone replaces eventually. Maybe not the wheels.

Phil

That is vastly understated considering the immense effort and expertise to mount a V10 Hi-cam in a V11 RedFrame. Along with the collection of subtle fasteners of titanium turned on a lathe. And on and on.

Looks something like five years in the making. :luigi:  :mg:  :thumbsup:

small.IMG_3403.JPG.7f361f48deafbcbf451e9

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, docc said:

That is vastly understated considering the immense effort and expertise to mount a V10 Hi-cam in a V11 RedFrame. Along with the collection of subtle fasteners of titanium turned on a lathe. And on and on.

Looks something like five years in the making. :luigi:  :mg:  :thumbsup:

small.IMG_3403.JPG.7f361f48deafbcbf451e9

I never tire of looking at it docc. It's still evolving. Just need to keep the DNA of the original and not get carried away and turn it into some sort of "custom bike". Instrument upgrade will be the next mission I think.

Phil

• Like 2

1 hour ago, docc said:

... understated...

That is a fundament of the Australian character, docc. One lets the deed speak for itself. :)

The bike is truly stunning. The only thing I would have different is this fairing, which I think is absolutely beautiful

http://www.magni.it/images/v11_3-4.jpg

http://www.magni.it/v11_fairing.htm

the rest is ok as it is. B)

EDIT: here's a better photo of the fairing. The bike is for sale in Germany. 70,000 km on the clock.

file.php?id=7620&t=1

Edited by audiomick
  • Like 1

I loved ( still do ) the Magni fairing and lusted after one years ago...

However, the cost to have one down here is prohibitive but luckily for me I guess I finally realised that if I went with one I'd have been forever swapping between it and the wee Stucchi! Then I got to the point where I actually prefer the look of the Stucchi!

I believe the bars have to be lower with the Magni as well and my buggered neck wouldn't cope with that anyways.... 

Also adding the marital harmony that sticking with the Stucchi ensues I reckon I've dodged a bullet there!

Cheers

Ps having saved so much on a Magni, I wonder if the minister of finance might consider this a plausible excuse for a set of wire wheels....?

Pps Sadly, no nor me.

• Haha 1