What [music] do you listen to? Share your favs

20 hours ago, docc said:

Jus' sayin', y'all . . .

Quite apart from the music, those are both excellent recordings. In the first one, the mix is really very good. The second one seems to have been recorded with one stereo microphone, and they all are "working the mic" very professionally. Nice. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, audiomick said:

Quite apart from the music, those are both excellent recording. In the first one, the mix is really very good. The second one seems to have been recorded with one stereo microphone, and they all are "working the mic" very professionally. Nice. :)

You have upped our game, @audiomick. :sun:

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, audiomick said:

Chet Atkins it the one on the left with the good collar and the Gretsch, right?

Correct.

Was Jerry Reed one of Chet's "Certified Guitar Players?" (There weren't many, as I recall . . .)

I know I posted this artist, Pokey LaFarge, pretty recently, but "hey" . . .

Like some mix of Brian Seltzer/ David Bowie + Little Feat . . .

Maybe a little Pink Martini in the mix . . .

• Like 2

I'm always the last to find out, but Canadian Sue Foley tears up the blues.

• Like 2
On 6/24/2024 at 7:18 PM, docc said:

I know I posted this artist, Pokey LaFarge, pretty recently, but "hey" . . .

Like some mix of Brian Seltzer/ David Bowie + Little Feat . . .

Maybe a little Pink Martini in the mix . . .

They have the music and the moves. Too good!

• Thanks 1

Growing up with US "TV", I never knew what a musician and guitarist Glen Campbell was.

Plus, I love this song . . .

• Like 3
Posted (edited)

Glen Campbell was a far better musician than he is usually given credit for..and a fantastic picker....

About 2   years before he passed My wife and I were out to eat at a Brazilian steak house in L.A. ( one of those places where they carve it out of a big hunk at your table) and Glen and his whole family came came in and took the table next to us..about 12 of them..Him,his wife his kids and his Grand Kids..He came over to our table and said hello and was very low key and  friendly....It was his Birthday..  He didnt recognize me.

Flashback 45 years earlier

In the early 70's when I was a young Camera man working for an Ad agency I was hired to shoot a commercial in L.A. at a Golf course with Glen and Forrest Tucker..This is when Glen was drinking big time and on his ass that day..that was when he was  married to Tanya Tucker..Glen took Great delight at continually loudly calling Forrest  "Taurus Fucker"!!  I thought Tucker was going to punch him out for sure..he did not see the Humor in it. It was a long day..ha ha

Edited by KINDOY2
  • Like 4
Posted (edited)

I always enjoyed Glen Campbell's music and will always be amazed at all the artists he played with. It is a very long list. His talents were in demand as he was a master of his craft. Minor detail correction...he and Tayna were never married, but for their short time together they were in the news quite a bit. Here is a link to the story about Witchita Lineman, one of my all time favorite songs. The music video is included but some advertisements too. Couldn't do anything about that.

https://www.musicradar.com/news/glen-campbell-wichita-lineman

Edited by activpop
  • Like 4