What [music] do you listen to? Share your favs

On 9/18/2024 at 3:06 PM, p6x said:

(Ti Amo) from Umberto Tozzi and Monica Belucci..

listening to it today, it is obviously corny,

Corny might be a bit too hard. Musically, it is very well constructed to really get in your ear. I like it. :)

• Like 1
On 9/18/2024 at 8:06 AM, p6x said:

For no reason I remembered this song from Umberto Tozzi and Monica Belucci; this came out in 1977 and became all the rage in France...

During the vacations in the South, the whole camping had radios playing that song...

listening to it today, it is obviously corny, but still, going back in time, I finally get it. You can sing it to your Monica Guzzi too!

35 minutes ago, audiomick said:

Corny might be a bit too hard. Musically, it is very well constructed to really get in your ear. I like it. :)

I found the theme took me back to an algebra class, age thirteen, when a college-aged teacher's-aid lass was assigned to our class.  The boys were all dumbfounded.

I did very poorly at the algebra, but launched a lifelong interest in "anatomy and physiology" . . . :whistle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
22 hours ago, activpop said:

I was 10 years old when Clapton played with them. I still had a year or two to go before I made the switch from AM to FM. It was a great time to switch though. Early days of NY FM radio were groundbreaking, with some of the best radio jocks in the business.

AOR was a great period of music.  Whether Sly, Yes, CSN&Y, Dead, Zep, Stones, Isaac, Feat, Santana.  All there.  Public Radio was doing jazz and classical.  Top 40 was still a thing and Country was still twanging.   Then MTV.  I guess it was gone by the early 80's? 

Now we have "classic rock" -anything but.  Eagles wannbes on country stations.  No jazz anymore.  (Boring) Classical only to prevent NPR news from being heard.  Hip hop and Pop are going strong. 

Thank goodness for internet radio.  

Edited by LowRyter
  • Like 1
  • I never knew about Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac until about 10 yrs ago. Whew , what they were vs what they became . I will never understand . Homogenized , pasteurized, sanitized and commercialized . 
  • Like 1

They went through so many phases for sure because of all the members cycling through.  Here is one a year later after Green left and Kirwan came aboard.  They did like to jam. This track could go on for another ten minutes, but sadly, it was cut to make room for other stuff. Its a great album though, one of their best. Kirwan left soon after with problems also. They have something for everybody. I loved Bob Welch's dreamy guitar and Christine's piano and soulful voice in albums to come. Those early days were the best.

https://youtu.be/xzReLGYIJZc?feature=shared

Edited by activpop
  • Like 1

Just for informational purposes, when we simply paste the address in the post, without using the "Link" [--] function, the window displays and can be played directly . . .

• Like 1

I always liked Jewel eyed Judy from the same album. Saying Fleetwood Mac was better with Peter Green it's just times

Big Love with Lindsey Buckingham is just another phase.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, audiomick said:

Something about that song reminds me a bit of "Get it on". :huh2:

"I drunk myself blind to the sound of old T Rex

To the sound of old T Rex (ohhhhh) and Who's next "

Edited by gstallons
more info
  • Haha 1
On 8/16/2024 at 5:17 PM, gstallons said:

1 minute and 2 seconds was enuf for me ! Great ! Any one that can play the lickin' stick like that....... I'm all in

Dave Edmunds is far too little known in the US. However, he did one blues song that had notable lickin' stick. 

I was surprised to hear that the song was written by Huey Lewis. What's more, Huey was on harmonica. My favorite Huey on harmonica was always Workin' for a livin'

Edited by po18guy
  • Like 1
On 9/18/2024 at 7:10 PM, activpop said:

I was 10 years old when Clapton played with them. I still had a year or two to go before I made the switch from AM to FM. It was a great time to switch though. Early days of NY FM radio were groundbreaking, with some of the best radio jocks in the business.

Alison Steele, WNEW, 10 pm - 2 am. That was the reason I slept with my Koss headphones on. My alternate dj was Alex Bennett on WPLJ. I suppose NY FM radio was a big influence on my teenage musical tastes during the 70's decade.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, alannn said:

Alison Steele, WNEW, 10 pm - 2 am. That was the reason I slept with my Koss headphones on. My alternate dj was Alex Bennett on WPLJ. I suppose NY FM radio was a big influence on my teenage musical tastes during the 70's decade.

Was it  WPLJ 102.7 ?  Had a few drinks with 2 of the DJ's, names long gone.  For sure that was a great rock & Roll station. Recorded hundreds of cassette's.  Tried to find it, probably long gone.

Cheers Tom.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Tomchri said:

Was it  WPLJ 102.7 ?  Had a few drinks with 2 of the DJ's, names long gone.  For sure that was a great rock & Roll station. Recorded hundreds of cassette's.  Tried to find it, probably long gone.

Cheers Tom.

102.7 was WNEW. Alison Steele perfected the sultry, whispering dj technique there.

Alison_Steele,_the_Nightbird.jpg

• Like 1