What [music] do you listen to? Share your favs

4 hours ago, alannn said:

102.7 was WNEW. Alison Steele perfected the sultry, whispering dj technique there.

Alison_Steele,_the_Nightbird.jpg

The Nightbird...there, I got the spelling right. She died so young. Then and now, never anybody like her.

Edited by activpop
12 minutes ago, activpop said:

The night bird...

" I wait all night

for calls like these . . ."

16 hours ago, alannn said:

I suppose NY FM radio was a big influence on my teenage musical tastes during the 70's decade.

Plus there was WRNW from Briarcliff Manor. Small station, not a lot of power, but always playing great music. Do you remember them?

9 hours ago, activpop said:

Plus there was WRNW from Briarcliff Manor. Small station, not a lot of power, but always playing great music. Do you remember them?

I wish I could have gotten that signal instead of being stuck out on Long Island at my parent's.

• Like 1

Big blow coming up the Gulf of Mexico, Florida Left Coast (Helene). Best wishes to my brothers and sisters in the mangroves, hammocks, and inland from the storm surge. Y'all take care, ya hear . . .

• Like 1

One of the most unique and recognizable voices in honest country music. One of my favorite albums.

26 minutes ago, docc said:

Big blow coming up the Gulf of Mexico, Florida Left Coast (Helene). Best wishes to my brothers and sisters in the mangroves, hammocks, and inland from the storm surge. Y'all take care, ya hear . . .

• Thanks 1