What [music] do you listen to? Share your favs

Lindsey Buckingham is a highly under rated Artist...Although Billboard does rate him as one of the TOP 100 guitarists of all time...He is self taught..does not read music..but that finger Picking...OH MAN.   He wrote this song and was pissed off when singing it to her live for the first time on stage here..right after she had walked out on  him..She only got the job with Fleetwood Mac because Mick  wanted him for a guitar player and he insisted they hire her too or he wouldnt accept the role..she was his longtime girlfriend at the time...no good deed ever goes unpunished.  ha ha 

• Like 2
12 hours ago, KINDOY2 said:

Lindsey Buckingham is a highly under rated Artist...Although Billboard does rate him as one of the TOP 100 guitarists of all time...He is self taught..does not read music..but that finger Picking...OH MAN.   He wrote this song and was pissed off when singing it to her live for the first time on stage here..right after she had walked out on  him..She only got the job with Fleetwood Mac because Mick  wanted him for a guitar player and he insisted they hire her too or he wouldnt accept the role..she was his longtime girlfriend at the time...no good deed ever goes unpunished.  ha ha 

according to wiki

Stevie Nicks had written the lyrics separately and thought they would be a good match; she and Christine McVie did some reworking to create the first section of the tune.[4] Nicks' lyrics referenced the breakup of her relationship with Buckingham, a theme of many of Nicks' and Buckingham's lyrics on Rumours

No question about Buckenham's talent (nor Nicks and the rest of the band).  She pulled a cruel stunt when LB gave up his tour with his own band to tour with FM, only to be fired by her after a couple of weeks.  And then into the hear hospital (?).  He ended up playing several gigs on the last season of "Prairie Home Companion".

This band was pop-narcist IMO.  I liked the rocking music of the Bob Welch better and the Peter Green band was an even better blues band.   OTOH, I never saw them live and I understand these guys were outstanding players and Lindsey played the whole catalog... "Oh Well". 

• Sad 1
10 hours ago, LowRyter said:

according to wiki

Stevie Nicks had written the lyrics separately and thought they would be a good match; she and Christine McVie did some reworking to create the first section of the tune.[4] Nicks' lyrics referenced the breakup of her relationship with Buckingham, a theme of many of Nicks' and Buckingham's lyrics on Rumours

No question about Buckenham's talent (nor Nicks and the rest of the band).  She pulled a cruel stunt when LB gave up his tour with his own band to tour with FM, only to be fired by her after a couple of weeks.  And then into the hear hospital (?).  He ended up playing several gigs on the last season of "Prairie Home Companion".

This band was pop-narcist IMO.  I liked the rocking music of the Bob Welch better and the Peter Green band was an even better blues band.   OTOH, I never saw them live and I understand these guys were outstanding players and Lindsey played the whole catalog... "Oh Well". 

I have read so many different accounts of Stevie Nicks and her relationships    Stevie Nicks and Buckingham, Stevie Nicks and Mick Fleetwood, Stevie Nicks Joe Walsh, Stevie Nicks and Don Henley....Stevie Nicks and Jimmy Lovine.... they always seem to end up the same in HER recounts..she was the star and she left them....makes me want to go....hmmmmmmm. The music business is not the best place for relationships but I guess with her does make for some good song writing material.

SNL used to do a continuing skit where a fake Buckingham was always a guest on the skit's 'show' but they always ran out of time before he could talk. This time the real LB showed up, Watch Paul Simon. He knows.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

FleetwoodMac, Peter Green, brings me back to this years Rory Gallagher Festival in Ballyshannon, with a lot of less familiar bands playing music of Rory Gallagher of course but also a lot of Peter Green. Oh Well(1) and Shadow Play, made the crowd go bezirk (big pogo in front of the stage) to such an extend that the artists feared for their audience. Great time.

• Like 5
9 hours ago, footgoose said:

Whereabouts in Fl are you? Keep the powder dry.

Wrong place in Florida tonight could get you a Squid Tattoo . . .

Such a Leonard Cohen vibe . . .

. . . .  so dark, mixed with too much real . . .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
22 hours ago, footgoose said:

Whereabouts in Fl are you? Keep the powder dry.

Near Stuart, due east of the top of the big lake. We had a lot of tornadoes, an unusual amount but none near enough to me to know. Pretty much a nothingburger here, some branches to clean up, and trim some trees that should have been done before now anyway. 

• Like 2
20 hours ago, docc said:

Wrong place in Florida tonight could get you a Squid Tattoo . . .

Such a Leonard Cohen vibe . . .

. . . .  so dark, mixed with too much real . . .

I've aged out of crazy women.  Thank God.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

New theme . . . this song broke the mold back in 1968. No more 3:51 time limit. Longest (greatest?) drum solo ever?

Thirty-six years later (twenty years ago!) in The Netherlands: "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida", baby !

(makes me want to call mySport "the Iron Butterfly " ) . . .

• Like 1