What [music] do you listen to? Share your favs

On 9/18/2024 at 3:06 PM, p6x said:

(Ti Amo) from Umberto Tozzi and Monica Belucci..

listening to it today, it is obviously corny,

Corny might be a bit too hard. Musically, it is very well constructed to really get in your ear. I like it. :)

• Like 1
On 9/18/2024 at 8:06 AM, p6x said:

For no reason I remembered this song from Umberto Tozzi and Monica Belucci; this came out in 1977 and became all the rage in France...

During the vacations in the South, the whole camping had radios playing that song...

listening to it today, it is obviously corny, but still, going back in time, I finally get it. You can sing it to your Monica Guzzi too!

35 minutes ago, audiomick said:

Corny might be a bit too hard. Musically, it is very well constructed to really get in your ear. I like it. :)

I found the theme took me back to an algebra class, age thirteen, when a college-aged teacher's-aid lass was assigned to our class.  The boys were all dumbfounded.

I did very poorly at the algebra, but launched a lifelong interest in "anatomy and physiology" . . . :whistle:

• Haha 1
22 hours ago, activpop said:

I was 10 years old when Clapton played with them. I still had a year or two to go before I made the switch from AM to FM. It was a great time to switch though. Early days of NY FM radio were groundbreaking, with some of the best radio jocks in the business.

AOR was a great period of music.  Whether Sly, Yes, CSN&Y, Dead, Zep, Stones, Isaac, Feat, Santana.  All there.  Public Radio was doing jazz and classical.  Top 40 was still a thing and Country was still twanging.   Then MTV.  I guess it was gone by the early 80's? 

Now we have "classic rock" -anything but.  Eagles wannbes on country stations.  No jazz anymore.  (Boring) Classical only to prevent NPR news from being heard.  Hip hop and Pop are going strong. 

Thank goodness for internet radio.  

Edited by LowRyter
  • Like 1