What [music] do you listen to? Share your favs

16 minutes ago, docc said:

New theme . . . this song broke the mold back in 1968. No more 3:51 time limit. Longest (greatest?) drum solo ever?

Thirty-six years later (twenty years ago!) in The Netherlands: "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida", baby !

(makes me want to call mySport "the Iron Butterfly " ) . . .

• Haha 2
7 hours ago, docc said:

... "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida", baby !

Coincidence, or serendipity maybe?

Yesterday evening I looked through some vinyl LPs that my girlfriend recently brought from her childhood home to our place. That record is one of them. B)

Also included:

Tommy, Quadrophenia, and Made in Japan. ;)

• Like 2
2 hours ago, audiomick said:

Coincidence, or serendipity maybe?

Yesterday evening I looked through some vinyl LPs that my girlfriend recently brought from her childhood home to our place. That record is one of them. B)

Also included:

Tommy, Quadrophenia, and Made in Japan. ;)

What, no Mills Brothers or Frankie Yankovic?

One day, or week, I'll get into the trove at my Mother's house- 2 three-foot tall stacks of yellow and red 78rpm vinyl records that were my Grandmother's, I've never seen apart. God knows what's in there, but I have the turntable with USB output ready  to find out.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Pressureangle said:

... stacks of yellow and red 78rpm vinyl records that were my Grandmother's,...

Wow. Would love to go through them and see what's there. It might be all rubbish, but it might not. Makes a man curious... B)

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Pressureangle said:

What, no Mills Brothers or Frankie Yankovic?

One day, or week, I'll get into the trove at my Mother's house- 2 three-foot tall stacks of yellow and red 78rpm vinyl records that were my Grandmother's, I've never seen apart. God knows what's in there, but I have the turntable with USB output ready  to find out.

don't wait :o

https://www.valueyourmusic.com/most-valuable/78-rpm/all-time

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, audiomick said:

Wow. Would love to go through them and see what's there. It might be all rubbish, but it might not. Makes a man curious... B)

When the day comes, I'll send you an inventory list. Unless you want to fly over for the joy of discovery.

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, docc said:

"I don't know where all those old records went Granma. Oh, you like the new Lamborghini ? "

"It'll turn >78< all day long" . . . . :grin:  :whistle:

Shouldn't have given away my autographed copy of 'Jerry Murad's Harmonicats'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2